/ DevOps Engineer
About Lumaverse Technologies:
Lumaverse Technologies helps nonprofits and schools build active communities—our solutions make it easier for members, volunteers, donors, event attendees, and parents to get involved and stay informed. Anchored by SignUpGenius, America's #1 sign up app, Lumaverse touched over 146M customers in 2020 in our mission to build group technology solutions that light the way to increased engagement, data-driven insights, and streamlined group management.
When you work with Lumaverse, you're signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at a huge scale. You'll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to its creative, fun, and caring culture.
Lumaverse is seeking a seasoned, meticulous, and driven DevOps Engineer to help manage our infrastructure, code releases, application security, and corporate IT. This individual will also focus on all performance monitoring, tuning, and overall health of our core business applications. The ideal candidate is a self-disciplined learner who is eager to own and tackle scaling challenges, has a willingness to learn new things, and has the flexibility to adapt to new situations and technologies, supporting products at different stages of software delivery maturity.
- Design and implement scalable cloud services with infrastructure-as-code
- Modernize legacy applications through containerization and orchestration
- Monitor, optimize, maintain and expand server infrastructure in order to provide fast and uninterrupted delivery of the applications
- Define monitoring standards and KPIs
- Establish, document, and execute periodic security audits and penetration tests
- Maintain email infrastructure for the company and train/assist employees with email issues
- Perform load testing of new application features and provided developers with recommendations for performance and security improvements
- Analyze, design, and implement CI/CD environments and methodologies
- Provide release management, overseeing the flow of code from development to deployment
- Establish and maintain a standardized development environment for the development team
- Establish general security, compliance, and data privacy policies for the company and provide training to employees
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer, DBA or equivalent software-engineering roll for a large-scale application
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various security frameworks
- Ability to educate non-technical stakeholders of current security standards
- Deep knowledge of AWS architectures including security groups, load balancing, autoscaling, snapshots, point-in-time recovery, high IOPS drives, etc.
- Strong command of Windows IIS web server use at scale as well as NginX
- Detailed knowledge tools used in continuous integration like Octopus, Jenkins, TeamCity, DeployHQ, etc.
- Working knowledge of application system monitoring tools like Cloudwatch, Datadog, Pingdom, New Relic, Sentry, etc.
- Strong knowledge of other web-related technologies including CDNs, DNS, Version Control, and VMware
- Strong knowledge of low-level programming languages is preferred
- A self-disciplined worker with obsessive attention to detail
- An ownership mindset with a problem-solving attitude
Terms of Employment:
- Full time
- Work location: Remote
- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediately
- Benefits: group health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, life insurance, disability, 8 holidays, unlimited PTO, employee-centric giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development, and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]