The Genius Blog
Thank a Teacher and Show How Much You Appreciate Them
We’re nearing the end of the school year (can you believe it?), and it’s time to make sure those child whisperers otherwise known as teachers understand how much you appreciate their hard work.
National Teacher Appreciation Day is Tuesday May 3 this year, and National Teacher Appreciation Week runs the whole week. Since we want you to look like geniuses this year, we’re sharing our best tips and advice for putting on a smart display of appreciation.
- Do you want parents to go in on a group gift? Use SignUpGenius Payments to collect money or collect other donations (like books) with an online sign up.
- Try these 50 teacher appreciation ideas. One of our favorites is to get students to pitch in by creating signs and banners around the school.
- Pick one of these 10 easy gift ideas for teachers. You don’t have to be fussy to be effective.
- Does your teacher have a classroom wish list? Organize donations on a sign up to collect the items she needs most.
- Plan ahead with these 50 end-of-school year tips for parents and teachers alike.
- Give them a good laugh with this top 10 list of “ways to know you’re a teacher.”
Get your planning in line now, and you’ll reap the benefits when you see those big smiles on your teacher and staff faces. And remember, it’s never out of style to simply say thank you.