25 Best Pump Up Songs for Sports
Are you in search of a killer playlist to get you pumped up? From youth soccer to pushing through a tough workout to practicing basketball skills in the driveway, these jamming tunes will keep you motivated and happy. Cue up a chart-topping pop song or go old school with an 80’s hit. Whatever you are in the mood for, these songs will get your heart racing.
Before you download, look up the lyrics to ensure they are age-appropriate keeping in mind most popular songs have a “clean” version.
- “Firework” by Katy Perry - Looking for some inspiration to take your game to the next level? Firework is a great reminder to believe in yourself and all the possibilities.
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake - “I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good song in my feet…” This feel-good song from the Trolls movie is perfect for a pre-game boost!
- “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey - Even when the going gets tough, this classic will help you keep the faith and finish strong.
- “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons - With ample opportunities to stomp, clap and catch the beat, this song makes any activity fun.
- "Happy" by Pharrell Williams - Is there any way to listen to this song and not feel happy? Not a chance. Turn frowns upside down when you blast this tune.
Register sports clinic attendees and collect fees with a sign up. View an Example
- “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer - No one can touch you when you put in your best effort! Now see if you can remember (or learn) the Hammer dance!
- “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus - Put your hands up and turn practice or pre-game into a party with this fun song.
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor - Get excited to start “risin’ up to the challenge of our rival” with this song about staying fierce and defeating the odds.
- “Hall of Fame” by The Script, will.i.am - This song reminds players there are no limits to what they can achieve when they go all in.
- “All Star” by Smash Mouth - This song has the perfect rallying cry for athletes, “Hey now, you’re an all star, get your game on, go play!”
- “We Will Rock You” by Queen - This rock anthem will get the team fired up to take on any opponent.
- “My Shot” from the Hamilton soundtrack - This hit from the acclaimed Broadway musical will help athletes remember how the “young, scrappy and hungry” can “amaze and astonish.”
- “Pump up the Jam” by Technotronic - Follow along and do what the music says! This jam will be a favorite on your playlist.
- “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz - The field or court may turn into a dance floor as players get moving to this hit.
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem - This epic rap will get the team inspired to make the most of their opportunities.
- “Cool” by The Jonas Brothers - This song can help the team stay chill and focused on the goal of victory!
- “Canned Heat” by Jamiroquai - Whether you’re running laps or taking shots at the goal, this one just makes you want to dance!
- “Centuries” by Fall Out Boy - The song will remind the team that playing their best can help reach legend status.
Organize concession stand volunteers with an online sign up. View an Example
- “In the Air Tonight” by Phil Collins - This 80’s hit will help you go the extra mile. Just wait for the drum solo…
- “The Greatest” by Sia and Kendrick Lamar - This tune will pump players up with the message that every day is a new chance to be the best!
- “Everybody Dance Now” by C + C Music Factory - This classic 90’s song is the perfect soundtrack for everything from powering through a tough workout to doing chores around the house.
- “MOOD 4 EVA” by Beyoncé (feat. Oumou Sangaré) - Featured on Beyoncé’s African-inspired record The Lion King: The Gift and her subsequent visual album Black is King, this track serves as both a pump-up song and a culture-setting moment. Plus, it includes a cameo from Mr. Carter himself, JAY-Z.
- “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child - Take your sweat session up a notch with lyrics like “I’m a survivor, I’m gonna work harder.” Let Beyoncé, Kelly and Michelle push you to the next level.
- “Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore and Ryan Harris (feat. Ray Dalton) - Nothing will hold the team down when everyone works together to achieve the goal!
- “Jai Ho,” A. R. Rahman (Composer) and The Pussycat Dolls - Add international flair to your pump-up playlist with this hit from the movie Slumdog Millionaire. This song is as beautiful as it is inspiring.
Add your favorite tunes to this top hit list and create the ultimate playlist for any occasion.
Courtney McLaughlin is a freelance writer in Charlotte, N.C. She gratefully shares her life, home and heart with her daughter and their dog.