Hello Lap Swimmers!
I hope everyone is healthy and well as we work through this trying time. Based upon guidance from City and State officials, and in accordance with CDC best practices, all swimmers will be required to follow these procedures to keep our community safe:
- When arriving at the JCC, before entering the building, you will be required to complete a health screening (including a temperature check.) You will be required to fill this out EACH & EVERY time you enter. The link to the health screening can be found here.
- You will also be required to sign a waiver. The waiver only needs to be signed once prior to your first visit and will be kept on file. The link for adults is here. The link for minors is here.
- Please have all health screenings completed and ready to show upon arrival at the JCC. If you don’t have those forms filled out, you will be moved to the back of line to prioritize people that have completed their waivers and screenings.
- You will not be permitted to enter until all waivers and screenings are completed.
Saturday & Sunday: 8am-11:45am
In light of a recent increase of reservation requests, we will be enforcing a strict 24-hour cancelation policy for all reservations made between the hours of 3pm-6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-11am Saturday & Sunday. Going forward, any cancelations made within the 24-hour window or one no-show, members will not be permitted to make reservations during our busy hours (stated above) for 2 weeks. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Reservations are required to swim. Reservations can be made online or by phone (718-475-5200 ext. 1151)
If you need to cancel your reservation, we ask that you please email us at [email protected]
Reservations are limited to active Wellness & WellPro members and are for 45 minutes and once per member, per day.
Please check daily for additional lap lane times between 3:15pm - 6:30pm.
You must enter the name and quantity for everyone in your reservation or your reservation will be deleted.
Guests are not permitted at this time.
Safety Protocols at the Facility:
When arriving to the JCC, all members will present the results of their daily health screening to the JCC staff member who has greeted them at the door. Members will also receive a temperature check prior to checking in at the front desk to validate their membership as well.
Locker rooms are not available for storage of belongings. You must come swim ready with your own towel. Changing is NOT permitted on deck. You may change in the locker room after your swim is over.
You will be directed to the pool hallway where you will check-in with a staff person to confirm your reservation to gain entry to the pool deck.
Bathrooms and sinks only are available in the locker room, family changing room and in the stand alone restrooms outside of the pool hallway.
Showers are closed at this time.
While on the pool deck, please follow all directional flow arrows for entry and exit into the pool as well as in and out of that area.
Do not stop on the same wall as swimmers in either lane next to you. Stay on opposite sides of the pool.
JCC water fountains are closed. Please bring a full water bottle.
Arrive as close as possible to your appointment time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car.
Maintain appropriate distancing from other lap swimmers at all times. Do not hug; shake hands, share equipment, or towels.
When you are finished with your swim reservation, rember, showers are unavailable, so please dry off and exit the deck as quickly as possible so that we can clean and disinfect for the next scheduled reservation.
Please indicate in the additional comments section if you are in need of stair access or chair assistance, the names of the additional members coming with you, or if you have any concerns.
Do not come to your scheduled lap swimming if you do not feel well. But please call to let us know that you are canceling your reservation.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact [email protected]
What we are doing to keep the pool area safe and clean:
- All staff and participants are required to get their temperature taken and answer a health questionnaire before entering the facility.
- All lap swim, private lesson, and swim team programs will have a 15-minute sanitizing time in between appointments.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted on deck.
- Locker rooms are available for restroom use only. Please come and leave in your swimsuit.
- All lessons will involve as little direct physical contact between student and teacher as possible.
- Lessons will be taught with the instructor standing out of the water and 6 feet away when possible.
- Teachers will wear face shields during lessons (when applicable) and wash hands between each lesson.
- All policies and restrictions are per CDC guidelines.
- 1-on-1 lessons: please see above for more detailed safety information.
- For ages 4 months & up, including adults
- Sign-ups are available on our website at sijcc.org
- A strict 24-hour cancelation policy will be in place due to limited pool space
Swimmers will enter through the back of the JCC, where their coach will conduct a temperature check and check the daily health screenings. Swimmers will swim in the same lane with the same swimmers assigned to their lane for every practice. There will be no more than 5 swimmers per assigned lane. Swimmers will be given pre-designated “rest” areas to ensure social distancing between sets.
Swimmers must come swim-ready and leave as soon as their practice has concluded. Parents are not allowed on deck at any time before, during, or after practice.
Lap swim requires a reservation. You will have 45 minutes to swim. You musty cancel your reservation 30 minutes prior to your scheduled swim or you will be considered a "no-show" after 3 no-shows you will not be permitted to schedule a swim during our busy hours. Check out the Pool Schedule on our website for detailed information and to make a reservation.
|| JCC of Staten Island