St. Christopher Hellenic Orthodox Church
Welcome! Please read the following guidelines that each parishioner must follow in order to attend in-person worship. Please know that there will be no exceptions as we must all think not only of ourselves, but our neighbors as well, as the Lord instructs us to "...Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 19:19) Also with this thought in mind - please be considerate of others when signing up to attend in-person worship, i.e. don't sign up for every Sunday, sign up for some Saturdays and/or every other Sunday/Saturday. Thank you!
- There will be 35 parishioners allowed at each service - you must sign up each family member individually to ensure accuracy in attendance. If something changes and you are unable to attend, please go back into the sign up and remove yourself as soon as possible to allow someone else to sign up in your place.
- Everyone's temperature will be taken before entering the church by a designated person. If anyone's temperature is above 100.4 F, you will be kindly asked to return home.
- Everyone's hands must be sanitized after entering the church, a hand sanitizing station will be provided.
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask during the entire service (except when taking communion.) Please bring your own mask from home.
- Honor is to be shown to Holy Icons and the Holy Cross by doing your cross and bowing only. Please refrain from kissing or touching either of these items.
- You will be directed to your seat by a Church Usher and are asked to remain there for the duration of the service. Seating will maintain social distancing of six feet.
- Please refrain from hand shaking or embracing.
- Instructions for receiving Holy Communion and antidoron will be explained by Father George.
- At the conclusion of the service, please exit as directed by the Church Usher and return to your vehicle without congregating.
- Parishioners who have been sick with coronavirus should have the written medical doctor's statement that they no longer test positive before they can return to in-person worship services.
- Please consider making your Stewardship donations online - no trays will be passed during the service.
- Older adults and people who have underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes are at a higher risk and are given dispensation not to attend services and are asked to refrain from attending.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this re-opening phase of our church!
By voluntarily entering our church facility:
• I affirm that I am not currently ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
• I acknowledge that while safety measures are being taken by the church, it cannot guarantee the safety of every person present.
• I agree to abide by the social distancing and safety guidelines being practiced in this church.
• I consent to hold the church harmless against any damages or claims regarding my voluntary presence here.
- Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering these premises if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering these premises.
|| St. Christopher Communications