“And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.” 1 John 5:14-15
“To pray correctly, we must pray God’s will.” - R.A Torrey
As followers of Jesus, we know that God’s will can be discerned through His Word & through the leading of the Holy Spirit. The Battle Plan prayer guide has been compiled by a small group of parents, seeking the will of God for our students and school. Let’s join together to pray & watch God accomplish His will in the WCS community.
1. Choose your date to pray. This sign up is created for August, but you are actually choosing your date for the entire year. Disregard the day of the week, and even the month, and only pay attention to the date. If you choose the 10th, you are signing up to pray on the 10th of August, 10th of September, 10th of October and on and on through the 10th of May. This sign up is the one-time selection to choose your date of the month to pray and that date will remain the same date for the entire school year. You will not get reminders from Sign Up Genius each month, so please put a re-occurring reminder on your device. NOTE: This sign up states 2020 in order to keep it open for new sign ups the duration of the school year.
2. Sign up to pray specifically for your child’s HOUSE. If your child is in the Pax House, select a Pax slot on your date to pray. Though we will all be praying the same requests for our school, narrowing our intercession down to a smaller group of our child’s peers makes our intercession more personal.
3. Download the Battle Plan for WCS. Worthingtonchristian.com > Parents & Students > Get Involved. Or click the link below:
In addition, a printed Battle Plan will be mailed to you after you sign up.
4. Pray through the Battle Plan on your date each month, specifically interceding for your child and their House. We know prayer can feel difficult! We’ve written the Battle Plan to help our community stay unified in what we are asking God to do. The Battle Plan focuses on 5 topics of prayer that we believe are the will of God (as revealed in Scripture) for our WCS students and staff. The Battle Plan is full of Scripture and guided prayers to get you started. We hope you find a way to use it in a way that helps your prayer life grow. You might use the guided prayers to help express your heart toward God or maybe you only pray the 5 topics and let God lead your own words. You could pray the Scriptures listed for your child and peers, asking God to fulfill those promises in their lives. Maybe you only want to focus on one of the five topics each month. However you use the Battle Plan is up to you! Remember that it is just a guide and there to assist you, not to overwhelm you! The important thing is, we are praying. Thank you so much for your commitment to pray God’s kingdom to earth through Worthington Christian Schools!
5. Check out the Battle Plan Prayer playlist on Spotify!
Rise during the night and cry out. Pour out your hearts like water to the Lord. Lift up your hands to him in prayer, pleading for your children, for in every street they are faint with hunger. Lamentations 2:19
|| Rachelle Anthony