Parks and Trails needs your help to keep our parks healthy and our programs running smoothly. Volunteer events will be listed on here when scheduled. Activities may include: Planting/Weeding, Trash Removal, Raking/Sweeping, Trail Maintenance, Painting, and more.
- You must wear long pants and closed-toed shoes to all volunteer activities
- Be aware of the elements; drink plenty of water if it’s hot
- Be careful of steep slopes, unstable ground, stairs, etc.
- You must wear gloves when volunteering
- You must wear safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. if your duties require such safety devices
- Do not pick up needles or other hazardous materials – notify Volunteer Coordinator
- Be careful when lifting heavy objects – bend your knees and don’t lift with your back
- Please do not perform duties outside of approved volunteer activities
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator immediately of any injuries obtained while volunteering and fill out an Injury-Exposure Report immediately
- If you are involved in a serious accident or if there is a serious injury please call 911
All volunteers must complete the following agreement and return it to City Hall.
PO Box 608
Ridgefield, WA 98642