DNR Nature at School Virtual Programs
Join DNR educator Katie McGlashen from Waterloo Recreation Area for a fun, interactive, virtual program.
Please review the available slots below (EST) and click on the button to sign up. If you need to adjust your time, or request a different day, email Katie McGlashen. If you need assistance using Signup Genius email Tracy Page.
- Please let us know if you have a majority of students with low quality internet
(we can forgo video snippits)
- Please let us know if you have students that need closed captioning or other accomodations.
- Three days before your scheduled program you must send your meeting link to the presenter.
(Zoom, Google, Teams, etc)
- We hope you will help us learn how we are doing! In your pre-lesson you will see a Kahoot link to a fun quiz with just 5 questions. Please have your students complete the Kahoot prior to our virtual visit. You will then see a second link in your post-lesson to a followup Kahoot. This helps us measure the learning of your students with this fun free lesson.
Day of your program:
- If you are able, start your meeting 10 minutes early. The presenter will join you and test audio and sharing.
- Students should pin the presenter to their screen.
- Students should be muted at all times, with their cameras on if able.
- Questions are welcome! We hope that teachers can manage questions in the chat or Q & A feature during the presentation, and call on students at the end to ask their question. We have 15 minutes set aside to answer questions, following the 30 minute program.
Following your completed registration here, you will receive a confirmation email with our Pre-lesson, Post-lesson and NGSS alignment attached.
Thank you for letting us "visit" your classroom!
|| Katie McGlashen