HDFFA Harvest Team
Join the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance for one or more harvesting events at Rainshadow Organics! All produce harvested will be part of HDFFA's Grow & Give program and be distributed through NeighborImpact, our local food bank network. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to take produce home as a thank you for all your hard work! Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
1. Three Events! Dates/Times:
- Wednesday, September 15th, 9 am - 11:30 am
- Wednesday, September 22nd, 9 am - 11:30 am
- Wednesday, September 29th, 9 am - 11:30 am
Sign up for one, two or all three!
2. Location: Rainshadow Organics- 71290 Holmes Rd, Sisters, OR 97759
3. We will be harvesting and bunching a variety of produce! Produce harvested will be distributed through NeighborImpact, the regional foodbank network.
4. Weather: Check weather before event to make sure you have the appropriate layers. HDFFA will consistantly check AQI prior to any event and will update volunteers on an cancelations accordingly.
5. Recommendations for harvesting events:
- Clothing: clothing that is okay to get dirty, appropriate for the task at hand- farmwork, and keeps you cool or sun protected (hats, sunglasses encouraged)
- Footwear: close-toe is best but sturdy sandals are okay. Shoes may get dirty and wet.
- Gardening gloves: HDFFA has some available to borrow but you are also welcome to bring your own if you like to wear them in the field
- Tools: We will have harvesting knives available but you are also welcome to bring your own!
- Water: Bring water and take breaks to drink often. We will have water available to refill water bottles but will not have bottles themselves available.
71290 Holmes Rd, sisters, OR 97759