Thank you for volunteering at ODB!
Please review and become familiar with our Volunteer Rights, Responsibilities, and Agreement.
Volunteer Rights , Responsibilities & Agreement
Our Daily Bread (ODB) Volunteer Rights, Responsibilities, and Agreement
As a volunteer it is your right:
• To be assigned a meaningful task
• To work in a friendly, clean and safe environment
• To ask questions about your task
• To always be treated with respect and kindness by every member of the organization
As a volunteer it is your responsibility:
• To watch the Volunteer Training Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqF7YsY0Vks)
• To be prompt and ready to work at the assigned time
• To give notice via email or phone if you will be unable to fulfill your responsibilities
• To perform your tasks to the best of your ability
• To follow the rules, policies, safety instructions, and procedures of ODB.
By volunteering at Our Daily Bread, you agree to:
• Treat others with respect and kindness (i.e. NO racial slang/comments, inappropriate hand gestures, sexist comments, sexual harassment, unwarranted physicality, or physical assault). ODB does not tolerate discriminating behavior from volunteers, especially against the protected classes. (Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, and National Origin.) ODB does not discriminate against any person. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. You must follow the Civil Rights Compliance in the Emergency Food Assistance Program. Guests who also volunteer do not receive special treatment.
• Follow the Food Safety Regulations, including acceptable expiration dates, that are posted in the Warehouse. ODB does not serve any severely dented, open, unlabeled, moldy or damaged food, including homemade food. Food must be kept 6” above the ground.
• Assume all risk of injury associated with your volunteer participation on the premises of ODB activities conducted off-site. You also release ODB and its representatives, sponsors and supervisors from any and all claims, causes of action, and liability arising from or relating to your activities as a volunteer.
• Maintain confidentially of the guests at ODB. Guests’ cases should only be discussed with staff members on a need-to-know basis.
• Allow ODB to run a Criminal Background Check on you.
• Express your opinions and stories but follow ODB’s policies and procedures. Should an issue arise, volunteers will first be given a verbal warning. If the conflict does not resolve, the volunteer will be asked to not return as a volunteer.
• By entering our premise, you agree that ODB and its representatives may take photographs, videos, and other images of you, and you consent to ODB use of the photographs, videos and other images taken or produced.
• To best serve Payne County, all food on the shopping floor and in the warehouse, except soda and candy, will be served to guests. Volunteers are not allowed to take and eat any of this food. Instead, they may enjoy one snack from the Volunteer Break room.
|| Our Daily Bread Food & Resource Center