Thank you so much for being able and willing to volunteer your time and energy into helping with our D-Way meals. We will be offering pizza by the slice from Jimmy's Pizza again this year.
Dinner starts at 5:15pm. We really enjoy having everyone eat together, so again we are asking for 3 people to help per night. Two individuals will assist in serving, and the other will be in charge of money.
Your responsibilities as a volunteer are the following:
Please be sure that all receipts are left in the drop box outside of the church office when the pizza arrives.
- Pizzas are to be kept warm in the oven at 200 degrees.
- Set out pizzas, veggies, desserts and beverages (this includes one pitcher each of lemonade and water. Check the refrigerator for prepared pitchers.)
- Set out plates, napkins and cups. All of these supplies are in the D-Way section on the right side of the storage room. (The storage room is the double doors at the NE corner of the Fellowship Hall.)
- Check in/take money:
- We use a card system to determine meal payment in the D-Way Meal Card Box. Each student that has prepaid will have a card in the meal card box. If they have not prepaid, they will need to pay for dinner each time they eat (this helps us estimate pizza needed.)
- $2.00 gets them: One slice of pizza, veggies, beverage and a dessert serving.
- $1.00 gets them: One slice of pizza.
- Serve the kids!
- Clean Up:
- Wipe down tables and clean dishes. (There won't be much since we will be using disposable plates and cups - makes it easier on all of us!)
Thank you again and please let Jolene know if you have any questions, or you can call the church at (320) 274-8827.
|| St. John's Lutheran Church