Our Meal Service Program invites individuals and mid-sized community groups to volunteer at our facility by helping out with meal prep and service for up to 200 women, who are struggling with homelessness. As a meal service volunteer, you are providing positive community engagement and helping us meet the nutrional needs of the clients. Our kitchen facility can accommodate up to 20 volunteers at a time with plenty of tasks to keep everyone busy. Listed below is an overview of our program and helpful tips to prepare you for this engaging service opporutnity.
*If you’re volunteering with your company, church, or other community group, please make sure to fill in the Group Name. It’ll help us prepare for your volunteer opportunity. Thank you!
Meal Service Timeline
Volunteer arrival time: 7:00am
Meal Service begins: 8am
Clean-up begins: 9am
Volunteer arrival time: 12:00pm
Meal service begins: 1pm
Clean up begins: 2pm
Volunteer arrival time: 5:00pm
Dinner Service: 6pm
Clean up begins: 7pm
Meal Service Tasks and Meal Service Guidelines
- Please arrive on time to ensure we are able to serve meals on time
- Serving: meal line service, place entrée on the clients plates
- Stocking: Replenishing utensils, plates, bowls and cups as needed.
- Dishes: performs routine dishwashing procedures, loading and unloading dishwasher, put away and restock clean dishes and utensils
- Dining Room: retrieve and return abandoned trays and dishes to the dish room. Wipes down and sanitizes dining room tables and floor care
- Clean-up: breakdown of assigned kitchen areas including: cleaning and sanitizing countertops, prep stations, empty garbage and recycling cans
- Meal volunteers must be at least 16 years old to be in the kitchen
- Photos with clients are not permitted at any time. See a Volunteer Engagement Team Member for specific photo guidelines.
- Appropriate kitchen attire recommended. For safety, closed toe, rubber soled shoes is appropriate footwear in the kitchen.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your shift, please do so at least 48 hours in advance.
- To ensure the privacy of our clients, media is not permitted to cover a volunteer shift.
If you have any questions please contact Volunteer Engagement Specialist:
Brooke Pyper at [email protected], (801)-718-1872 or Michelle Owen Volunteer Engagement Manager at [email protected] or (801) 718-1767.