The Light House Bagged Lunches
We provide over 150 bagged lunches daily to our residents as well as those in the community in need of food. The daily sign up is for 2 or 3 slots of 50 bagged lunches each. Please sign up for both slots if you are bringing in 100 lunches. If you are bringing in more than 100 lunches, please be sure to add this to the comments. Thank you!
4 Community Service hours are earned for every 50 lunches donated. If more than 1 person helps to make the lunches, the hours are divided amongst the total number of volunteers.
**Please deliver lunches the day before you are scheduled by 8pm**
- Please place the sandwiches (and anything else that requires refrigeration) in a separate bag or box.
- Please do not place drinks in each bag. We suggest you bring in water by the case.
Suggested items for Bagged Lunches:
Please make half the sandwiches on white bread and the rest on whole-wheat, OR pita, OR rolls. Please, during the summer months, MAKE 25% of the total number of sandwiches pb & j, or something that won't go bad in the heat like the tuna salad in a can with crackers.
- Chicken / egg / tuna salad
- Roast beef / Salami
- Peanut butter & jelly (Please, no more than 25% of the total number of sandwiches)
2. A Healthy Snack Item (Please provide TWO items from the list):
- Granola bar/ cracker snack pack
- Carrot / celery sticks
- Graham crackers
- Nuts / raisins / trail mix
- Yogurt / String cheese
- Pudding cups
- Pretzel/Popcorn/healthy lunch size snack bag
3. Fruit – Fresh or Fruit Cup/ Applesauce
4. A Drink
Juice or water (We would suggest water bottles still in the case. It’s less expensive than juice and a healthy option. Please do not place drinks in each bag.)
|| Volunteer Office