“Tuesday Nights Together” (TNT) at Opportunity House
Opportunity House is an innovative project in Northern Kentucky to develop post-secondary educational opportunities and stable housing for young adults ages 18-24, ultimately leading to educational success, employment, and self-sufficiency. Opportunity House will provide the support and pathway to labor market success for those who traditionally have experienced many barriers to completing education beyond high school and ensure they have a bright future and the best quality of life possible. This property is located at 3530 Alexandria Pike on the campus of Northern Kentucky University in Highland Heights, KY. There are 16 efficiency apartments and a shared common space for the residents.
We are seeking families, small groups, corporations, etc., to provide dinners for the residents on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. to support these young adults while they attend class, gain work experience and participate in life skill workshops.
A few details:
- Dinners can be:
- prepared at home and brought on-site to serve at Opportunity House,
- prepared on-site at Opportunity House using the community kitchen and alongside some of the residents,
- ordered or take-out from a local restaurant, or
- purchased and dropped off at Opportunity House.
- We ask that your meal serve 20 individuals – primarily meals that will suit young adults 18-24.
- Please let us know in the comment section what you plan on preparing or bringing to TNT so we can plan accordingly for any dietary restrictions.
These young adults are eager to learn skills such as cooking, meal preparation, and trying new foods. We invite you to be creative, share your recipe and cooking instructions, explain where you shopped for ingredients, etc.
All groups are welcome to stay and enjoy the meal with the residents and staff.
Below is a list of dates and times for "TNT" – 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Volunteers must be 21+ years old.
Opportunity House 3530 Alexandria Pike Highland Heights KY 41076
|| Brighton Center