PB&J’s Grocery Packing and Delivery Operation is moving to SATURDAYS this fall! We will pack a larger bag once per month on the following Saturdays: 9/19, 10/17, 11/21, & 12/19. The Grocery Packing volunteer shift will be from 8:30-11:30am. Please note that fall packing has shifted 15 minutes earlier than the summer schedule. With our pivot to a monthly operation and the potential for changes in personal and community circumstances during the fall months, we will open the SignUpGenius dates one month at a time.
Based on the CDC's recommendation that organizations "aim to have a consistent volunteer staff instead of multiple different volunteers," this sign up will continue to be restricted to those who can attest to consistently wearing a mask in public and practicing social distancing. When new volunteers sign up, they will be contacted by [email protected] for this pre-screening. We would love to fill our monthly volunteer need from a volunteer pool as small as possible to limit our "bubble." Thank you for considering a recurring role with this community project.
PLEASE read this entire description to acquaint yourself with the safety precautions we are taking to protect the health of one and all.
- All volunteers MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- Under the Governor’s initial Stay At Home order, PB&J’s work, staff, and volunteers were deemed essential under the guidelines. Attached is an official PB&J Fund letter that you could show to officials in the event that enforcement of a stay at home order should be in place.
- We are relying on all volunteers to STAY for the ENTIRE SHIFT from 8:30-11:30am. Due to health safety guidelines, we are working with a minimal number of volunteers and need every pair of hands to complete the task.
- Packing bags and loading them into vehicles is PHYSICAL LABOR, so come dressed for a workout!
- Be sure to wear a mask as you arrive at the space being used for grocery packing. For the summer, it has been 925 E. Market Street next door to Bob's Wheel Alignment, but this may change for the fall. The final location is TBD.
- You are REQUIRED to TAKE YOUR TEMPERATURE before you leave your house on Saturday morning. We will ask for this reading when you arrive for your packing shift.
- Please do not report for your shift if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, digestive problems...) or if you have been around anyone within the last two weeks who has since tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you start to experience any symptoms in the two weeks after your volunteer shift, PLEASE let me know as soon as possible. ([email protected])
- Please wash your hands as soon as you arrive and rewash them if you touch your face or any other non-sanitized surfaces. Be obsessive. We will have gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer on hand.
- In addition to hand washing, hand sanitizer, and gloves, volunteers must properly wear face-covering at all times.
- Lastly, even though we are working in a large space, we MUST endeavor to maintain the CDC recommended SIX feet of distance from one another at all times while working on packing the bags of groceries. As you move through the packing stations, only one volunteer should be at each stop on the assembly line. As we have been staying at home for months, this new normal is likely an ingrained habit and feels less odd than it did initially. We will gently remind one another if any of us cross into another person’s 6-foot safety bubble. We are in this together! Neighbors helping neighbors!
|| Tracey Cardwell Roberts