Thank you for signing up to volunteer with our Northfield house located at 1207 Archibald Court.
You do not need construction experience to help a family build their house. Must be at least 18 to be on the build site. Habitat will provide all of the tools and materials but if you have your own tool belt, hammer, measuring tape, PPE or work gloves, you are more than welcomed to bring them with you. Please make sure they are marked in a way that they will not get mixed up with our tools.
Lunch and water/gatorade is provided for all volunteers. If you have a special diet restriction, please bring your own meal.
What to do before you arrive on site:
- All volunteers must sign our Waiver of Liability and Code of Conduct once in a calendar year. Please read it carefully as it is a legal document. You can fill it out here. Volunteers cannot work onsite without this waiver completed.
- Please take time to watch through our Habitat Safety video HERE.
- Notify Jodi right away if you need to cancel or reschedule you volunteers day. You can call or text her at 507-403-7868 or email at [email protected]
What to do the day of your volunteer day:
- You can see the Build Schedule HERE. This gives you an idea of what we're working on... but this schedule is subject to change! We appreciate your patience and flexibility.
- Dress for the weather. We are often working in and outdoors. Dress in layers and wear long pants if possible.
- Wear closed toed shoes with a good sole. Please do not wear crocks or sandals. It is very important to wear shoes that have a good grip and will protect your feet. If you have work or hiking boots, these would be the best.
- Keep an eye on the weather the night before. If there is any severe weather forcast for the day, we may cancel the construciton day.
- Provide a good email and phone number. If we need to contact you the day before or morning of the build day we will need the best way to reach you.
- Arrive a few minutes before your start time to sign in for the day. Our construction staff will be there to greet you and will have a safety talk before you work.
- Be a good neighbor and do not park in front of mailboxes and drive-ways. St. Peter's Church is directly behind the build site. You may park in their parking lot. Lock your car and keep valuables at home.
We hope you have a fun and rewarding day helping the Strand's build their house.
In some circumstance our build days maybe canceled beyond our control. Jodi Beach will contact you at the number provided. If you need to contact Jodi, please call 507-403-7868.
Thank you! Volunteers are the heart of our mission. You are making a difference, one house at a time!