WELCOME TO THE 39th RESTON CENTURY VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP
This year's ride event will be held Sunday, August 21st, 2022, from 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM, rain or shine. Our Century Ride depends entirely on dedicated volunteers like you.
Volunteers who work a minimum of 3 hours will receive a free RBC annual membership and Century t-shirt if they're signed up before August 1.
- Fine print #1 - One event t-shirt per person
- Fine print #2 - If you ask for a volunteer t-shirt, you need to wear it at the event. Only volunteers visible to riders will need one.
- Fine print #3 - Only people who are signed up on this site by August 1 are eligible for a year's membership, or other perks. The 3 hour minimum will apply to everyone.
- Fine print #4 - After August 1 there is no guarantee on size or availability of either volunteer or century t-shirts.
Please become a member of our event staff. Select the time and type of help you enjoy. Bring some friends and make it a fun social event. Remember, there are plenty of ways to help even if you are riding in the event. Note that volunteering does not get you a free entry to ride (unless you're riding as a marshal). Please register for the ride if you intend to ride before or after your volunteer shift. You will get your event t-shirt through that portal.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- July Inventory, Organize, and Prep Supplies
- Sponsor management
- Wednesday August 17, Packet pick-up at Green Lizard
- Thursday August 18, Packet pick-up at Bunnyman Brewing
- Thursday, August 18, Packet pick-up at The Bike Lane
- Friday August 19, Packet pick-up at House 6 Brewery
- Friday August 19
- Shopping for Rest Stop supplies
- Snow Cone Machine Pick Up
- Saturday August 20
- Route Marking
- Loading of Vans
- Great Harvest Pick Up and Delivery
During the Century
- Sunday August 21
- RTC Base of Operations
- Rest Stops
- Old Mill
- SAG Mechanics/Ride Marshals
After the Century
- Sunday August 21
- Clean-up at Reston Town Center
- Unloading Vans at Storage
- Monday August 22
- Return snow cone machine to Vienna
While all jobs are critical, there are a few that are especially difficult to fill. Therefore, people who fill those positions and ONLY those positions will receive special SWAG designed for the above and beyond volunteers. These positions are noted in the description and include Leesburg Clean-Up and Van Unloading.
Youth Groups: Once again, Reston Bike Club is honored to support local youth organizations on behalf of chaperoned student volunteers by donating to their organizations in exchange for volunteering. Interested parties must contact Kelley Westenhoff directly for information at [email protected] prior to signing up. Please write the organization name in the comments during sign up.
Thank you for making this an incredible experience for our riders.
|| Kelley Westenhoff