Walnut Creek Downtown is seeking entertainers to share their talents with our visitors and business community to share artistic joy to the downtown! Entertainers are invited to volunteer to perform at one of our four Downtown ‘Stages’ during a 2 ½ hour timeslot, now through December 31, 2021. Reserve as many performance times as you'd like, up to two months in advance. Feel free to collect tips and share promotional material during your session. We encourage contactless payment options for tipping, such as Venmo or Virtual Tip Jar. Maximum of four performers are allowed at each stage.
Attached below are the Entertainment Guidelines (including the Walnut Creek Safety & Noise Ordinance) you are required to follow if you choose to participate. By signing up via this online portal, you are acknowledging that you have reviewed and agree to the guidelines, plus the FAQs below. For questions, please email [email protected].
- Will the performance area be marked out? How do I know I’m in the right place?
- Yes, look for the a-frame stand with the Downtown Stages sign. Our ‘stages’ are pop-up, busker style entertainment locations in high-foot traffic areas/plazas. There is no actual stage on a raised platform.
- Will vocalists be required to have masks on?
- No, however vocalists must maintain at least 12’ from spectators, and at least 6’ from fellow performers.
- Will there be electricity available?
- Power or a P.A. system is not provided at the ‘stage’ locations. If necessary, you may bring and use your own generator.
- The guidelines mention hand washing/hand sanitizing solutions must be used before, during and after performances. Will there be a bathroom nearby performers can use?
- There are a few public sanitation/hand washing stations throughout Downtown Walnut Creek, otherwise performers are encouraged to carry and use their own hand sanitizer.
- What are rules regarding performing covers of songs from other artists?
- The City of Walnut Creek has two music licenses, ASCAP and BMI, that allow the performance of cover songs.
- Will any personnel be on site to connect with prior to the performance time?
- No, however WCD staff contact info can be found below if you have questions. The locations are busker-style public areas that provide ambient music for passersby. No supervision is provided.
We look forward to welcoming you to Downtown Walnut Creek!