Our LISD does a wonderful job providing meals to the school children almost all year around, but during the summer parents could use a little help from the community while their children are at home. So, Good News SOS Ministry is gearing up to provide lunches to the children at Cedar Park Townhomes this summer! The ministry could really use your help in many ways.
Starting 6/1 thru 8/10 (No SOS 7/13-14 due to VBS)
Ways to help...
- Fruit Donations: Drop off on Wednesdays @ 5:30pm (2 items per week)
- Sandwich Assembly and Fruit Preparation: Wednesdays @ 5:30-6:30pm *6 individuals
- Deliver and Serve Lunch: Thursdays @ 12:30 load food & travel to CPTH; serve from 1:00-2:00pm *2 individuals
- Every other week starting 6/2 Activity Coordinator/helpers to plan & supervise: Thursday @ 3:00-4:00pm *2 individuals
- Only needed on (June 2nd, 16th and 30th) & (July 21st) & (August 11th)
Please sign up for the date you would like to help!
Preparations of sandwiches, snacks, and fruit take place every Wednesday evening from 5:30pm-6:30pm in the Discipleship Center.
We are asking that TWO varieties fruit donations be enough to feed about 20 children a week. Fruit should be delivered to Good news by 5:30pm on Wednesdays because part of the assembly each week will be slicing and sorting fruit.
- Whole Watermelons to serve 10
- Strawberries to serve 10
- Grapes to serve 10
- Whole Pineapples to serve 10
- ***No apples please***
- 2 Cases of 24 Water Bottles
- 40 Individual Small Chip Bags
- Paper Towels
- Sturdy Disposable Plates
- Peanut Butter
- Grape or Strawberry Jelly
- Individually wrapped healthy snacks
*Monetary donations go to purchasing sandwich bread, meat & cheese.
Donated individually wrapped snacks can be dropped off at Good News at any time! Please place these donations in the designated box located by restrooms in the Gathering Hall.
If you cannot help in person, monetary donations are welcomed.
Please Contact Bobbi Noethlich with any questions!
|| Good News Church