Christ Community Outreach Partners
In a concerted effort to strengthen our congregation's connection and relationship with our local outreach partners, we are hoping that you and a group of friends will be able to provide at least one meal for The Hope Center or Global Orphan Project (The Strengthening Families Program) this Fall/Winter. Please see below for info and dates your group can sign up.
The Hope Center needs groups to provide meals for the Teenage Bible Study/ Leaders in Training Class. Providing food for this program allows the youth and leaders to enjoy a meal together at the beginning of the evening. In addition, this meal could very well be the best and most nutritious these kids get all week.
- Please prepare or purchase a meal for 60. Your meal should include the following:
- Main Dish (some ideas are: pasta, tacos, sloppy joes, chile, meatballs, fried chicken, pulled pork, Sams/Costco lasagna, Fazolis, sub sandwiches, etc.
- Fruit/Vegetable (hot or cold)
- Salad/ Side (garlic bread, chips, green salad)
- Dessert (ANYTHING!!)
- Drinks (water, lemonade, juice, etc…No milk needed)
- Meals need to be delivered to The Hope Center at 2800 East Linwood Blvd. KC, MO 64128 by 3:00 on your scheduled date. Please drop it at the white house in the NE corner of the back parking lot (directly behind the stone church). Please contact Rocky Hodge to make delivery arrangements: (405) 600-8365. If you are unable to deliver but can still provide a meal, please contact Susie Gurley at (913) 219-3958 for delivery assistance.
The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) works in partnership with our community partners, Global Orphan Project and Care Portal, to assist families in crisis in the Kansas City area. The SFP curriculum helps improve communication and parenting skills for at-risk families, many of whom have been served by the Care Portal. Meals for this program will provide an opportunity for these families to have meaningful conversations and deepen relationships before they begin the evening’s curriculum.
- Please prepare a meal for 50 (any leftovers go home with families.) You may be creative with your food options (pizza is welcome!). Your meal should include the following:
- Main Dish
- Salad or Side
- Deliver the food to Pathway Community Christian Church located at 15885 S. Blackbob Rd. Olathe, KS 66062 (NE corner of 159th and Lackman/Blackbob just north of Heritage Park), between 5:15 and 5:30 pm. Feel free to drop food off or stay to serve and interact with the families before they go into their classes. Please use disposable containers. If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Harlan at [email protected] For day-of-delivery questions, she can be reached at 913-484-9654.
|| Lauren McMonagle