Thank you for your interest in the partnership between Restoration Church and Family Promise of Greater Roanoke. We are excited for our church to go out on mission together!
Please Note: This Sign Up Genius is only to volunteer as a Host. A separate Sign Up Genius is need to (1) provide dinner and (2) donate groceries. Please look for these links if you are interested in signing up to help in those ways.
Here are a few details that will help you decide how to help:
- Dinner & Evening Hosts serve dinner, eat with the guests, and then clean up after dinner. They socialize with the guests, welcome newcomers, and interact with families (activities may include helping with homework, plan organized activities for children or whole families, or just spend time talking)
- Shift runs from 5:30pm-8:30pm You are required to be there until the overnight hosts get there.
- The number of people needed to be dinner hosts is flexible but it is recommended that there are at least 4 adults there. If you plan on a larger group (For example, your small group), it is your responsibility to ensure there will be enough food there for all 16FP guests and your volunteers.
- When completing the online form, please list one adult per slot. Please list the number of additional people who will be coming with you (adults and children).
- Families are welcome but please keep in mind the area you will be in at College Lutheran is small
- We need to be respectful of our guests, this is their home for the week
- Overnight Hosts spend time with the guests, are available in case there is an emergency, make sure all guests are in the building (curfew is 10pm unless a guest has made reauthorized arrangements), begin wakeup procedure at 6:00am, make coffee, set up breakfast foods, lock all rooms, and take out trash.
- Shift runs from 8:15pm-7:15am. You are required to be there until the Family Promise personnel arrives in the morning with the FP bus.
- It is suggested that there be two overnight hosts. There is only one room for overnight hosts to stay in therefore if there are two overnight hosts they must both be male, both be female, be related, or be married.
- Children and guests are not allowed in the host room.
- A cot or air mattress is provided, but you need to bring either a sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket.
If you sign up to be a host and you cannot help on the day/time you sign up for, it is your responsibility to find a replacement and to let the Restoration coordinator know.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Restoration Coordinator, Kayla Willis, at [email protected] or 540-598-1843.
College Lutheran Church
|| Restoration Church