Help us reach the Pearl Harbor Day Memorial Parade in Hawaii, December 2019! Please remember that all student performers for Pearl Harbor are asked to participate in at least 4 fundraisers, and we need adults too. We are taking sign-ups for five fundraisers below. We need ALL student performers and an adult from every family in #6.
1. CANCELED; might try again in Fall. Our next Pearl Harbor fundraiser is the Marshall's Got Talent Benefit Concert on Saturday, May 11, 7 pm, benefiting...our Pearl Harbor trip! We need adults and students for stage crew, ticket sellers, ticket takers, concessions sellers, 50-50 raffle ticket sellers, and donation bucket holders. Stage crew, anyone who sells tickets for 4 lunch periods at Marshall, and anyone else who volunteers for 2 or more hours on this show gets in free (but tickets are only $5; we hope to make more profit from sales and donations at the event).
2. Concessions and 50-50 raffle at Marshall Band spring concert(s) May 22 (jazz, percussion and chamber) and May 23 (full bands).
3. We have a booth at Viva Vienna on Sunday, May 26, for people to pick up Pearl Harbor t-shirts they have already purchased, and for us to sell more t-shirts and take donations.
4. If you bought a Pearl Harbor t-shirt, walk with the band in the Falls Church Memorial Day Parade in your shirt, with a sign and a donation bucket, on May 27. See map here for where to meet (around N West St between Great Falls St and 7/W Broad St).
5. Concessions at Kilmer Band spring concert June 6 (at Marshall).
6. Saturday, June 8, is our Pearl Harbor Door-to-Door fundraiser, which is expected to be our largest Pearl Harbor fundraiser. It is a full day set aside for rausing money in the Marshall HS community. We hope to raise $15,000 going door-to-door and through online and mail-in donations. We need ALL student performers and an adult from every family to participate, please. We give breakfast to morning volunteers and ice cream to afternoon volunteers! Parents, please sign up to drive all day (not just morning or afternoon), if you can.
Students should wear their black Marshall band t-shirt, shorts, sunscreen and comfortable footwear, and bring water. If (s)he has not received the t-shirt yet, some will be distributed in the cafeteria the morning of the Door-to-Door.
Student permission slip required for Door-to-Door. Please fill this out and turn it in at band before the event, or in the cafeteria on the morning of June 8.
Schedule for the Door-to-Door
- 8:30-9:15 Kick-off at GCM Cafeteria (breakfast, car assignment, maps)
- 9:15-12:30 Morning Door-to-Door
- 12:30-1:15 Lunch in tagging area (volunteers in each area will have lunch together in a restaurant determined by Area Lead; bring money or a bagged lunch)
- 1:15-4:30 Afternoon Door-to-Door
- 4:30-5:30 Return to GCM Cafeteria for an ice cream social to celebrate everyone's hard work and share the stories from the day!
If you have questions, or if you need to cancel within 24 hours of your shift, please email Kelly Sund.