Join Indivisible Evanston on December 14 as we canvass in Wauwatosa in Milwaukee County, identified by the Wisconsin Dems as an important state legislative district.
- Location: Colectivo Coffeeshop: 6745 W. Wells St, Wauwatosa, WI
President Obama won Wisconsin in 2008 and 2012. In 2016, Trump won Wisconsin by less than 23K votes. All predictive lists concur that Wisconsin, with just 10 electoral votes, could easily be the state that determines the 2020 presidential winner; our boots on the ground are needed to flip it!
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
We'll be working with the Wisconsin Dems, knocking on doors of residents and collecting information (see attached script for details):
- Issues the residents care about (listening!)
- Support for elected officials
- Party identification
- Volunteering with the Dems
- Voter registration status
CHOOSE TO CARAVAN WITH US FROM EVANSTON OR DRIVE DIRECTLY on 12/14 - see sign-up below!
Caravan from the Democratic Party of Evanston (DPOE) office (1806 Church Street, Evanston) to Wauwatosa (Milwaukee County - Colectivo Coffeeshop 6745 W. Wells St, Wauwatosa). Meet by 8:15am at DPOE and leave promptly by 8:30am. Training/Canvass in Wauwatosa from 10am to 1pm. Return to DPOE by about 2:45pm depending on how many homes we canvass. Contact Indivisible Evanston at [email protected] if you have any questions.
CARAVAN DRIVERS ALWAYS NEEDED: We have many Indivisible Evanston members who want to canvass but do not have access to a car; please volunteer as a driver in our caravan if you can!
Is Chicago a more convenient Caravan location for you? Join our friends at Indivisible Chicago who are caravanning from several location!
Drive directly to Wauwatosa (Milwaukee County - Colectivo Coffeeshop 6745 W. Wells St, Wauwatosa) for 10am training/canvass until 1pm. Please tell us how many passengers you are bringing so WI Dems can be prepared.
Can you make 12/7? Nancy Bruski, Indivisible Evanston member is leading a Voter ID/Registration canvass on 12/7. For details, email [email protected]
WHAT ABOUT THE DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY?
We are not supporting a particular Democratic presidential candidate. But it is critical to build up Democratic Party support and data early, regardless of who the eventual nominee will be. The Republican Party of Wisconsin organizes year round to keep its voters energized – we Democrats need to work even harder.
CANVASSING TOOLS - Packets & MiniVAN:
There are two tool to choose from for canvassing (YOU decide which option is right for YOU)
- Hard Copy packets with voter lists to collect information
- MiniVAN is an app for mobile canvassing with voter lists that saves campaign staff time assembling turf packets and entering data. If you have not used MiniVAN before and have not downloaded it to your phone:
- Read the attached MiniVAN guide prepared by the WI Dems office
- Download the app to your phone. The app is called MiniVAN Touch in the Apple app store and MiniVAN on android phones. At this point, you only need to download the app and create an account (step # 1). We will receive our list number (step #2) and further training in WI.
QUESTIONS? Contact Indivisible Evanston at [email protected]
HOW TO STAY INFORMED & GET INVOLVED: This canvassing is part of Indivisible Evanston's comprehensive WI "Reach Up" program for 2020 (phone-banking, letter/postcard writing, voter registration & canvassing!) Sign up for the Indivisible Evanston newsletter for weekly postings about all the events being offered as we gear up for 2020.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
|| Kathleen Long