60 Funny Office Awards and Trophies
Everybody likes to be rewarded for their good work — especially in an office setting. If you’re looking for a lighthearted way to appreciate your employees, look no further than these 60 silly superlatives.
Awards for the Daily Routine
- Coffeepot’s Best Friend - This employee can always be found where the coffee is — no matter the time of day. You can print this award on a mug to really commit to the theme.
- The Early Bird - Who’s always first to the office? Isn’t it time they got a little appreciation? Give them an alarm clock as a prize, or gummy worms to go with the early bird theme!
- Five More Minutes - This tongue-in-cheek award goes to the coworker who schedules his or her meetings on the hour even though you know they won’t be there until at least five minutes after.
- The Empty Fridge Award - An award for the coworker who always seems to know when the good snacks are being delivered.
- The Honorary Mechanic - For your poor coworker whose car has been in the shop so many times he or she might as well be a mechanic themselves. A golden wrench should ease the pain of all that car trouble.
- Gold Medalist - We all have that coworker who exercises during his or her lunch break. They may not be an Olympian, but anyone who can work eight hours AND exercise deserves a gold medal in our book.
- Appointment Maker - Somehow, this person always has an appointment — from acupuncture to the veterinarian. Make them a little sign for their desk!
- The Private Concert Award - Whether it’s eight a.m. or five p.m., this coworker always has headphones on — and you’d better believe they’re rocking out, so gift them a music gift card as their prize.
- The Empty Desk Award - Whether they’re in a meeting or out to lunch, somehow this person never seems to be at his or her desk.
- The Order Up Award - For that foodie coworker who’s always trying to get you to try that new restaurant down the street. They love trying new food or ordering in for lunch.
- The Take the Stairs Award - You could work on the 20th floor or the 2nd. It doesn’t matter. This coworker is taking the stairs, always. As a silly award, you can create a guide on how to use the elevators in your building for them!
- The Interior Decorator - This award is for the coworker who has transformed his or her cubicle into something out of HGTV. Grab them a new decoration as a prize.
- Photo Album Award - Give this award to the coworker who has the most photos on his or her desk. As the award, get them a new picture frame!
- Office Bestie Award - This person somehow knows everyone in the office, no matter how long they’ve worked there.
- Loud Typist Award - Watch out, because you can hear this coworker’s keyboard coming from miles away. As a funny award, get them a fun keyboard cover.
- Celebration Award - This coworker puts everyone else to shame, because no matter what day it is — someone’s birthday, an anniversary, a random holiday — they’re there ready to celebrate. Get them more gift-wrapping supplies!
- The Clock Award - You can tell it’s lunchtime (or 5pm) because as soon as that clock hits either time, this person is gone! Or maybe they’re always early to all meetings. Give them a tongue-in-cheek award for their talents.
- The Dish Destroyer - Let’s face it... if you didn’t have this coworker, there would be piles of dishes in the office sink. Spray paint a sponge gold for a funny award!
- Take a Lap - Whether they’re counting steps or just trying to get moving, hats off to the coworker who always seems to be walking around and getting fit.
- PTO Prince or Princess - Save this award for the coworker who takes vacations and posts amazing photos on social. No dental PTO for this colleague; they’re traveling the globe instead.
Plan an office potluck to go with the awards ceremony with a sign up. View an Example
- The New Hobby Award - For the coworker who is always trying something new, from crocheting to Rosetta Stone.
- Ear to the Ground Award - If there’s something cool going on in your city, you’d better believe this employee knows about it, and is already planning on going.
- Nameless Award - For that coworker who can’t quite seem to remember anyone’s name, no matter how long he or she has worked at your company. Make them some funny flashcards.
- The Traveling Medic - Need Tylenol? How about some Tums? Whatever you need, this coworker seems to have it in his or her desk drawer.
- Office Clown Award - Whether it’s through pranks or jokes by the water cooler, this coworker keeps everyone laughing.
- Every Department Award - For your coworker of many talents. No matter what the task, this employee can do it. To be honest, we’re not quite sure what you should give them — except a day off.
- Gourmet Lunch Award - Every single day, this coworker has a new recipe they’re making for lunch. Everyone is eating PB&J, and this coworker is making a five-course meal in the office kitchen. Make the actual award a golden plate for him or her to eat their lunch on.
- The Late Award - Whether they overslept or blew a tire, this person always seems to be running late! Give them their prize last to emphasize the point.
- The Bean King or Queen - This award is slightly different than Coffeepot’s Best Friend — give it to the coworker who refuses to drink the office coffee. Only the snobbiest of coffee snobs deserves this award.
- The Silver Lining Award - This coworker always manages to keep it positive!
- Office Social Chair - Is there a social event for your office? This person is coordinating it, attending, and getting the afterparty started.
- Runway Award - No matter what the weather is, this person’s corporate closet is always runway ready.
- The Code Red Award - This is the person that everyone knows they can go to in a panic. No matter your sticky situation, this coworker knows exactly how to fix it!
- The Holiday King or Queen - You always know what time of year it is by the decorations on this coworker’s desk! Grab them a piece of decor for the latest holiday.
- The Sports Fan - When it’s football or basketball season, this coworker doesn’t even try to get work done. They leave it all on the field. You can use a literal sports trophy for this award.
- The Laser Focus - It doesn’t matter what is going on in the office, this person is completely zeroed in on the task in front of them.
- Pop Culture Expert - This award goes to the coworker who’s always doing the thankless work of keeping the office up to date on pop culture.
- Good Samaritan Award - They’ll jump start your car and give you their lunch. This kind coworker keeps you from losing it on a daily basis and brings happiness to stressful situations.
- The One Liner - This person always has the perfect quip — whether it’s in a meeting or at the coffeepot.
- The Super Fan - You’ve got to admire the dedication of this coworker. Whether it’s a television show or a pop star, they love what they love and everyone knows.
Give someone on your team a group gift and coordinate with a sign up. View an Example
Work Related Awards
- Future CEO Award - This employee is going places. They might be at the bottom of the totem pole now, but everyone knows they’re bound for greatness. Give them a nameplate for their future high-ranking job.
- The Email Vigilante - No matter when you email this coworker, whether they’re in a meeting or dead asleep, somehow, they manage to respond in 0.2 seconds.
- The Bright Idea - This coworker always manages to come up with an incredible idea just when the chips are down.
- Lengthiest Messages - Email, Slack, or just stopping by your desk — it’s going to take this coworker a while to tell you what they have to say.
- The Calendar Color-Coder - Every spare second in this coworker’s day is cataloged according to their calendar. Give them a brand-new planner as their award! (Or don’t — they probably like their own!)
- The Number Cruncher - Give this award to your best budgeter — the one who can always find room somewhere. A golden calculator might be appropriate!
- The People Whisperer - Give this award to your Operations or HR staff, who can calm a conflict like nobody’s business.
- The Notetaker - You know if you zone out in a meeting, this coworker has your back with their perfect notes! Give them a special notepad to honor their service.
- The 4:00PM Star - When everyone else is in a slump at the end of the day, this coworker is still going strong. Yes, they may schedule a meeting at 4:30, but you have to appreciate their enthusiasm.
- The Multitasker - Everyone has a coworker who insists on using two screens. It’s time to applaud the multitaskers in your office.
- The Nomad Award - You’ll find this person searching for inspiration in new places all around your office. They’re always looking for the perfect place to get some work done.
- Most Likely to Have Thought of That - For the coworker who always thinks ahead and prepares for the worst-case scenario! Pack them a silly “Office Doomsday” kit.
- The Free Finder - Whether it’s office supplies or free lunch, this person is always picking up the extra benefits from your workplace!
- Work from Home Award - This award goes to the coworker of whom, at least once a week, the question is asked: “Hey, where’s ______?” They just work better from their living room, okay? Grab them a new pair of pajamas.
- On a Call Award - It could be two in the morning — somehow, this coworker needs you to wait just a second, because they’re on a call.
- The Tech Expert - From Wi-Fi to printers, this person knows exactly what’s wrong, and they’re ready to help.
- The Meeting Hater - Everyone loves this coworker because they have the courage to not schedule a meeting. They’ll figure it out without one!
- The Coach - When you need a pep talk, this coworker is there to get you back in the game. Get them a whistle!
- The Event Planner - This award goes to that fearless organizing genius on your team. What would you do without them? (Oh wait, is it SignUpGenius? You shouldn’t have!)
- The Question Asker - This coworker always seems to know exactly the right questions to ask at just the right time. Whether they’re learning about your weekend or getting to the point in a meeting, they’re a star at communication.
Keep your coworkers laughing with a few of these lighthearted awards!
Kayla Rutledge is a college student who spends most of her time writing, singing for her church and eating quesadillas.