80 Get to Know You Questions for Church Groups
At its core, church is community. Creating bonds among church groups, from children's Sunday School classes to adult small groups, will have lasting benefits. Browse these 80 questions — organized by age — to help to get to know your group members and share God's love.
- What was a time you felt afraid?
- If you have siblings, what is something you love about each of them?
- If you could be the sidekick of any cartoon or movie character, which character would you choose and why?
- What is one question you want to ask God?
- What two animals would you combine into one new animal?
- If you could be any flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be and why?
- What are three things you like about yourself?
- What kind of person do you want to be when you grow up?
- What does prayer mean to you?
- If you could relive any day of your life so far, what day would you choose and why?
- Who is your favorite person in the Bible?
- What is the bravest thing you've ever done?
- What is something that makes you feel sad?
- What talent do you wish you had?
- What about heaven are you most excited for?
Put together a small group potluck with a sign up! SAMPLE
- What biblical time period would you like to live in and why?
- Who is your favorite teacher and why?
- What is your favorite part about Christmas?
- What famous person would you like to meet?
- What song makes you want to dance?
- Do you have any pets? If not, what pet would you like?
- If you could become invisible, what would you like to do and where would you like to go?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- If you could add a 13th month to the year, where would you put it and what would you call it?
- What's the last movie you watched in a theater?
- If you could be another person for a day, who would you be?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life (other than the Bible), what would it be?
- What do you think the purpose of life is?
- What's a weird habit you have?
- Do you ever feel lonely? When?
- If you were a city, which city would you be and why?
- Who are you proudest of?
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what food would you pick?
- Who do you trust the most?
- What is something you love that also frustrates you?
- What do you most often daydream about?
- Who is the most genuine person you know and why?
- What is a way God has shown up in your life recently?
- What is something you're good at?
- What makes you lose track of time?
- What does this world need more of?
Plan a youth group beach trip with a sign up! SAMPLE
- What is something new you tried recently and loved?
- What is something you're passionate about and want to spend more time doing?
- Share a defining moment in your life. How did it affect you?
- What would you do if you were not afraid?
- If you have kids one day, would you want to raise them like your parents raised you? Why or why not?
- What do you think would be your first impression of yourself?
- What's something most people don't know about you?
- Do you believe people are inherently good or bad?
- What is your favorite way to spend free time?
- How has God spoken to you recently?
- Who is the most creative and exciting person you know?
- What emotion do you have the most trouble expressing?
- How many of your friendships have lasted more than 10 years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you 10 years from now?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- What is a spiritual story/testimony you would like to share?
- What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
- What color do you think of when you think of joy?
- Share a personal example of an answered prayer.
- If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
- What spiritual gift do you "earnestly desire" (1 Corinthians 14:1)?
- What do you want to let go of?
- What is your most satisfying achievement?
- How do you show love to others?
- How do you like to receive love?
- What can you do now that you couldn't do a year ago?
Decide who brings dessert to choir rehearsal with a sign up! SAMPLE
- What risk are you happy you took?
- In whose presence are you the most comfortable?
- What kind of social gathering do you like best?
- What makes a person a good listener?
- What is your favorite worship song/hymn?
- What is the biggest disappointment you've experienced?
- Are you spring, summer, fall or winter? Why?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- Which biblical person do you relate to the most?
- If you could live anywhere on this planet and take everything and everyone that you love with you, where would you choose to live?
- What are three things you believe about God?
- What is your favorite room in your house and why?
- Who has changed your life?
No matter the size, denomination or age range, church groups are a great place to find community. Now that you have these questions at your disposal, getting to know the individuals who make up your group will be that much more meaningful.
Carolina Grace Kennedy is a recent college graduate navigating adult-ish life in Charlotte. She loves social justice advocacy, naps and pretending she can sing like Ariana Grande.