50 Creative Potluck Themes, Page 2
1 / Page 2 of 3 / 3
17. Pizza Extravaganza - There might be some friendly competition happening on pizza night because everyone has a favorite style. Don't forget a dessert pizza! Allow “carryout” options to make it easier.
18. State Fair Food - The food vendors at the State Fair are half the fun so recreate fair food in your own home and encourage your guests to be a bit ridiculous. Pizza on a stick anyone?
19. Fry Night - Ok, admit it. Everyone loves deep fried food even though we all know better! Plan a fun night of frying and throw in some unexpected offerings.
20. Mardi Gras - Crawfish, muffalettas, and other Cajun inspired dishes are the highlight of this event. Don't forget masks, beads and the King Cake of course!
21. Chili Cookoff - This is a night for guests to show off their best chili recipe. Have ballots and a fun trophy on hand for the winner. And don't forget the topping bar!
22. Feeling Lucky? - You can't go wrong with the luck of the Irish. Potato soup and anything green will make for a fun affair.
23. Tailgate Party - Serve up grilled food, chips and dips, and sandwiches. Add some tailgate themed props and encourage your guests to wear their favorite team apparel.
24. Get in Shape – Exercise your guests’ creativity by challenging them to bring a dish featuring food as a shape. Think pizza or watermelon triangles, round sandwiches or sushi rolls, etc.
25. A Decade of Food - There are hallmark foods for every decade (remember fondue?) so pick one as your theme! The menu and decorations will bring back memories of the good old days.
26. 5 Ingredients or Less - Keep it simple and somewhat healthy by giving your guests parameters on how many ingredients to use in their dish.
27. Fresh from the Farmer’s Market - This theme will delight lovers of fresh, local fare. Plan this potluck in the summer with the harvest is plentiful.
28. Back to School - Make the end of summer a little less painful with a potluck that embraces the change of schedules and weather. Apple dishes, juice boxes and lunch box themed food might help ease the transition back to school.
SignUpGenius offers hundreds of themes to enhance your potluck flair. See them here!
29. Kids Fare for Adults - Make kids favorite dishes with adults in mind by upgrading the ingredients. Instead of boxed mac-n-cheese how about a baked four-cheese variety?
30. Western - Think meat! Serve ribs or brisket, baked beans, corn on the cob, and big mugs of cold lemonade and root beer. Get your grill ready!
31. Submarine Night - This completely customizable theme allows your guests to create their own sub masterpieces. Provide the sub rolls and sides and have guests bring their favorite toppings.
32. Fall - It's all apples and pumpkins for this event. Give your guests bonus points if they can use both in one dish.
33. Night at the Movies - This can be a glamorous affair held on the evening of the Oscars or a night to focus on a favorite movie that’s full of inspiring food.
34. Favorite Flicks - Instead of assigning a specific movie to your guests have them bring a dish inspired by their own favorite flick. Wonderful discussion is sure to ensue.
1 / Page 2 of 3 / 3
Posted by Dan Rutledge
There are currently no comments for this page.
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.
Recent Home & Family Articles