The Genius Blog
Genius Groups That Inspire Us
There’s nothing like surprising loved ones with the perfect gift for Christmas, but giving is about more than presents piled under the tree.
At SignUpGenius, we are honored to help millions of you give back during the holidays and all year. During this season of generosity, we want to spotlight a few of the people and groups who have inspired us by making an impact in their communities and beyond.
Groups Making a Difference
- The Salvation Army of Greater Winston-Salem, NC coordinates donations for an Angel Tree program and the Give a Kid a Coat Campaign.
- Superior Plumbing helps the special needs community in their Georgia hometown.
- Extrafood.org redirects unused food to vulnerable populations in their community.
- The National Multiple Sclerosis Society organizes one of the largest cycling fundraisers in the country to raise money for MS research.
- Loaves and Fishes, Minneapolis feeds the hungry at 24 dining sites.
- The Marine Biological Laboratory gathers gifts for families in need with their Adopt-A-Family Program.
- The Pasadena Jaycees deliver gifts and food to the less fortunate during their annual Operation Santa event.
- Get inspired by this group that helps to give the homeless a fresh start at Urban Ministries in Charlotte.
- See how Bright Blessings brings birthday joy to children in need.
- Hear how the support of volunteers provides comfort to families of sick children at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Learn about how Sharon Baptist Church delivers Christmas joy to the children of Honduras.
Want to spotlight a special person you know? You can share your gratitude for someone making a difference in the community by nominating him or her for our $3,000 Real Life St. Nick Contest. They could win up to $500 with a $100 bonus for you!
We wish you a joyful holiday season with loved ones and a Genius New Year!