Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
SignUpGenius simplifies the process of coordinating events and people by providing online sign ups for nonprofits, schools, sports, churches, families, colleges, businesses and organizations. By enabling up to 12 million unique visitors per month to sign up for tasks online, SignUpGenius has done away with the need for paper sign ups, "reply-all" emails and phone trees. Working for this company involves being part of a fast-paced, creative team environment of 28 people, who maintain the largest volunteer management service on the internet. In 2016, revenue grew 63% and site visitors grew to 66 million.
CFO Key Goal:
- Responsible for developing, tracking and advising on the company’s overall financial strategy to propel company growth.
- A master's degree in accounting or equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible financial experience for a company with 50+ employees.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong experience partnering with executive teams on financial planning and strategic decisions, and comfortable suggesting and implementing operational improvements.
- Excellent understanding of SaaS metrics and financial modeling.
- Solid experience with planning and budgeting processes, financial forecasting, P&L management, interpreting and reporting business performance results.
- Up-to-date knowledge of tax regulations.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong experience managing and mentoring team members.
- Participates in ongoing educational opportunities.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop, track and advise the executive team on the organization's financial goals.
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic financial planning.
- Create and adjust strategic growth forecasts and models.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis, including the key SaaS metrics that tie back to financial goals.
- Evaluate monthly business measurement metrics and consistently assess key performance indicators to provide essential information and recommendations for high level business decisions.
- Prepare and present quarterly financials and recommendations for the Board of Directors.
- Review prior financial results and anticipate changes to highlight future needs and trends.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within GAAP and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Advise executive team and board regarding tax strategies and implement them.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and recommend updates and changes as needed.
- Interact with accounting, tax, and other external resources, including full financial audit.
- Be an advisor from a financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Support M&A as necessary.
- Ensure underlying accounting records are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP.
- Book income and expense transactions in financials tracking software.
- Track tangible and intangible assets and depreciate them over their lifespan.
- Prepare labor allocation worksheets on a quarterly basis and capitalize labor costs related to new development.
- Manage financial interactions with third parties with whom the company contracts.
- Ensure that appropriate insurance coverage is maintained by the company.
- Report risk issues to the executive team and board of directors.
- Make recommendations regarding wealth management for the company.
- Maintain banking relationships and represent the company with investment bankers and investors when necessary.
- Prepare summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook.
- Improve existing financial and operational processes and strategies, and train team members to implement them successfully.
Terms of Employment:
- In office - Ballantyne Corporate Park, Charlotte, NC
- Benefits –100% family healthcare premium paid, matching 401(k), 6 holidays, 15 PTO days, matched giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development, volunteer opportunities.
There are currently no comments for this page.
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.