Tips to Simplify Your Thanksgiving Planning
The season of full bellies, stuffed turkeys and catching up with loved ones is here. Our planning tips — starting with this printable Thanksgiving checklist — will leave you with ample time to enjoy the ride over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house.
Plan the Perfect Potluck
Celebrate Thanksgiving Day
- Keep your family laughing — and avoid awkward conversations — with Thanksgiving Day games and questions. These ideas will make everyone feel loved and included, from the family members you only see once a year to your cousin’s new spouse.
- Get some pre-turkey exercise! Runners can register — and pay directly — through a Turkey Trot sign up.
- Plan a school or community Thanksgiving celebration like a parade or performance. Organize your volunteers with a sign up.
- Take time during this celebration of abundance to help the less fortunate. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving (after the Black Friday and Cyber Monday madness) is Giving Tuesday. Fueled by the power of social media and collaboration, this day offers the opportunity to give back and donate to and serve worthy causes.
- Brainstorm simple ways your family can better your community, and take time to show your gratitude. Use a sign up to recruit more volunteers by organizing service shifts.
- Spread service to the workplace. Businesses can give back to local organizations through donations and fundraising or a company service day.
With these ideas, you’ll have more time to enjoy the Thanksgiving season with loved ones — that’s something to be grateful about!
Plan Thanksgiving Events Now