/ Groups & Clubs
/ 50 Funny Get to Know You Questions
50 Funny Get to Know You Questions
Getting large groups of people together can be intimidating. Why not break the ice with a little humor? Try one of these funny get to know you questions to spice up your next gathering.
- If you could invent a new dish, what ingredients would it have?
- If you could completely get rid of one month out of the year, which month would it be and why?
- What’s the funniest place you’ve ever fallen asleep?
- Did your parents have alternative name options that they were considering when naming you? What were they?
- If your hometown was a food, what food would it be?
- Tell a story about a time you felt super old. What happened?
- What’s your go-to dance move?
- What would be the silliest feature of your dream house?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever heard a child say?
- What’s the worst fashion or hair decision you’ve made?
Organize book club meetings with a sign up. View an Example
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
- What obscure thing are you talented at?
- If you could start a club for something silly, what would your club be about?
- What one superpower would you give to everyone in the world? How would the world change?
- What fictional character would you be best friends with in real life?
- What is the weirdest snack you like to eat?
- If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
- If one of your parents was the president, what would be their first law?
- What’s a common saying that you don’t understand or that you think is odd?
- If you could interview a celebrity and ask them one question, who would you ask and what would you say?
For Sports Teams
- If your pet could talk, what would be his or her catchphrase?
- What unwritten rule would you make mandatory if you could?
- If you had to make a house out of food, what kind of food would it be?
- What board game are you absolutely amazing at and why?
- If you ran for president, what would your campaign slogan be?
- Do you believe aliens exist? If so, what are they like?
- If you were a state, which state would you be and why?
- What game show would you be an amazing host of and why?
- What fictional television family is your real-life family most similar to?
- If you could create a career that doesn’t currently exist, what would it be?
Plan a cycling club potluck with a sign up. View an Example
For the Office
- What one story about your childhood best explains the person you are today?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
- If you had to work at an amusement park or a famous landmark for the rest of your life, which place would you choose?
- What is one weird fact or tidbit that you still remember from school?
- What’s the most awkward date you’ve ever been on?
- If you could create a new invention, what would you create?
- What terrible gift have you gotten that you’ve had to keep?
- What’s a pet peeve that you would make illegal if you could?
- What funny story is your hometown famous for?
- What is the weirdest roommate story you’ve heard?
Recruit robotics club field trip chaperones with a sign up. View an Example
- If you could change the ending of any famous movie, which movie would it be? What would your new ending be?
- What song will you never forget the lyrics to?
- What word do you always mispronounce?
- What popular trend bothers you?
- What tradition did your family have when you were growing up?
- If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- What’s the most awkward or embarrassing thing you’ve done for someone you loved?
- Have you ever met a real person with an unfortunate name? What was it?
- What nicknames have people called you throughout your life?
- What’s the weirdest thing in your parents’ or your grandparents’ home?
A few of these questions should have your group cracking up in no time!
Kayla Rutledge is a college student who spends most of her time writing, singing for her church and eating quesadillas.