50 Funny Get to Know You Questions
Getting large groups of people together can be intimidating. Why not break the ice with a little humor? Try one of these funny get to know you questions to spice up your next gathering.
- If you could invent a new dish, what ingredients would it have?
- If you could completely get rid of one month out of the year, which month would it be and why?
- What’s the funniest place you’ve ever fallen asleep?
- Did your parents have alternative name options that they were considering when naming you? What were they?
- If your hometown was a food, what food would it be?
- Tell a story about a time you felt super old. What happened?
- What’s your go-to dance move?
- What would be the silliest feature of your dream house?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever heard a child say?
- What’s the worst fashion or hair decision you’ve made?
Organize book club meetings with a sign up. View an Example
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
- What obscure thing are you talented at?
- If you could start a club for something silly, what would your club be about?
- What one superpower would you give to everyone in the world? How would the world change?
- What fictional character would you be best friends with in real life?
- What is the weirdest snack you like to eat?
- If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
- If one of your parents was the president, what would be their first law?
- What’s a common saying that you don’t understand or that you think is odd?
- If you could interview a celebrity and ask them one question, who would you ask and what would you say?
For Sports Teams
- If your pet could talk, what would be his or her catchphrase?
- What unwritten rule would you make mandatory if you could?
- If you had to make a house out of food, what kind of food would it be?
- What board game are you absolutely amazing at and why?
- If you ran for president, what would your campaign slogan be?
- Do you believe aliens exist? If so, what are they like?
- If you were a state, which state would you be and why?
- What game show would you be an amazing host of and why?
- What fictional television family is your real-life family most similar to?
- If you could create a career that doesn’t currently exist, what would it be?
Plan a cycling club potluck with a sign up. View an Example
For the Office
- What one story about your childhood best explains the person you are today?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
- If you had to work at an amusement park or a famous landmark for the rest of your life, which place would you choose?
- What is one weird fact or tidbit that you still remember from school?
- What’s the most awkward date you’ve ever been on?
- If you could create a new invention, what would you create?
- What terrible gift have you gotten that you’ve had to keep?
- What’s a pet peeve that you would make illegal if you could?
- What funny story is your hometown famous for?
- What is the weirdest roommate story you’ve heard?
Recruit robotics club field trip chaperones with a sign up. View an Example
- If you could change the ending of any famous movie, which movie would it be? What would your new ending be?
- What song will you never forget the lyrics to?
- What word do you always mispronounce?
- What popular trend bothers you?
- What tradition did your family have when you were growing up?
- If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- What’s the most awkward or embarrassing thing you’ve done for someone you loved?
- Have you ever met a real person with an unfortunate name? What was it?
- What nicknames have people called you throughout your life?
- What’s the weirdest thing in your parents’ or your grandparents’ home?
A few of these questions should have your group cracking up in no time!
Kayla Rutledge is a college student who spends most of her time writing, singing for her church and eating quesadillas.
100 Funny Icebreaker Questions
100 Would You Rather Questions
40 Get to Know You Questions for Company Meetings
75 Get to Know You Questions for Clubs and Groups
50 Get to Know You Games and Icebreakers