/ 50 Get to Know You Questions for College Roommates
50 Get to Know You Questions for College Roommates
The transition to college can be a big adjustment, and one of the hardest things is feeling like you don’t connect with your roommate. Go beyond the small talk with this list of questions that will help you get to know your roomie right away!
- If you could pick one album to take on a deserted island with you, what would it be?
- If you were a dessert, what would you be?
- What were you like as a kid?
- Why did you choose this college?
- What are you thinking about majoring in?
- What clubs/extracurricular activities did you do in high school?
- What is one of the kindest things someone has done for you?
- How many siblings do you have? Who’s your favorite?
- What’s something about you that is like your parent(s)?
- What would your ideal dorm room look like?
Organize orientation volunteers with a sign up. SAMPLE
- What’s your favorite class you’ve ever taken?
- What does your perfect morning look like?
- Would you rather stay up late or wake up early?
- What snacks should we always have stocked in our room?
- What was the best compliment you ever received?
- If you could live in a fictional world from a book, what book would it be?
- What would be your dream job if you could do anything and money didn’t matter?
- Who was your favorite animated character growing up?
- Where do you find peace?
- Are you more like your mother or your father?
- What luxury do you consistently spend money on to treat yourself?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What are two items you’ve checked off your bucket list?
- What is your favorite meal your family makes?
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- If you could live in any time period, which one would it be?
- What is the most thought-provoking movie you have ever seen?
- What’s your coffee order?
- If you could hear any musician play live, living or dead, who would it be?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Do you regret it?
Get out-of-state students to and from the airport with a sign up. SAMPLE
- If you could solve one world issue, what would it be?
- If you could immediately play any instrument, what would it be?
- If you could drive any kind of car, what would you drive?
- What skill do you wish you were good at, but aren’t?
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
- What random topic are you an expert on?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- What topics/issues do you love to learn more about, and why?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Plan a campus orientation walk with a sign up. SAMPLE
- What are your pet peeves?
- Which summer was the best of your life, and why?
- What habit are you trying to quit?
- What do you look for most in a friend?
- What is your favorite vacation you’ve ever taken?
- What was one big turning point in your life that changed you in some way?
- What is a song that reminds you of your childhood?
- What item can you not live without?
- Which birthday has been your favorite so far?
- What can I do to be the best roommate for you?
With these questions in hand to melt the ice, you’ll be off to a great year with a new friend and roommate!
Kayla Rutledge is a college student who spends most of her time writing, singing for her church and eating quesadillas.