100 Getting to Know You Questions
Working with a group of new people and need some conversation starters? Break the ice and get to know people better by selecting several of these get-to-know-you questions.
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
- What motivates you to work hard?
- What is your favorite thing about your career?
- What is your biggest complaint about your job?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What is your child's proudest accomplishment?
- What is your favorite book to read?
- What makes you laugh the most?
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
- What did you want to be when you were small?
- What does your child want to be when he/she grows up?
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most?
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?
- If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite author?
Party Time! Get your group organized with an online sign up!
26. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
27. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
28. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?
29. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
30. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?
31. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
32. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
33. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
34. How would your friends describe you?
35. What are your hobbies?
36. What is the best gift you have been given?
37. What is the worst gift you have received?
38. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
39. List two pet peeves.
40. Where do you see yourself in five years?
41. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
42. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
43. What would you do if you won the lottery?
44. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)
45. What's your favorite zoo animal?
46. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
47. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
48. How many pillows do you sleep with?
49. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)?
50. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in?
Plan you family meal, office potluck, team party and more. GET STARTED.
51. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?
52. How often do you buy clothes?
53. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
54. What's your favorite holiday?
55. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
56. What was the last thing you recorded on TV?
57. What was the last book you read?
58. What's your favorite type of foreign food?
59. Are you a clean or messy person?
60. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
61. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
62. What kitchen appliance do you use every day?
63. What's your favorite fast food chain?
64. What's your favorite family recipe?
65. Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
66. What's your favorite family tradition?
67. What is your favorite childhood memory?
68. What's your favorite movie?
69. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out?
70. Is your glass half full or half empty?
71. What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
72. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
73. What was your favorite subject in school?
74. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
75. Do you collect anything?
Group Fundraising has never been easier! Check out our Fundraising Resources.
76. Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
77. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
78. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
79. Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise)
80. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
81. What do you do to keep fit?
82. Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken?
83. If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
84. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
85. What three things do you think of the most each day?
86. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
87. What song would you say best sums you up?
88. What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee?
89. Who was your first crush?
90. What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
91. On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are?
92. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
93. What was your first job?
94. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?
95. How many languages do you speak?
96. What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
97. Who is the most intelligent person you know?
98. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be?
99. What is one thing you will never do again?
100. Who knows you the best?
If you really want to get to know someone, questions (not all at once, of course!) are like keys that can open many doors. Get to know someone better today!
Janis Meredith writes Jbmthinks, a blog on sports parenting and youth sports. After being a coach's wife for 29 years and a sports parent for 21, she sees issues from both sides of the bench.
Posted by Janis Meredith
Posted by Mchelle Flumerfelt on Thu Dec 1, 2016 10:27 PM EST
Love Stumble upon
Posted by Lee Gaitan on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:13 PM EST
I teach adult ESL classes and this is a great addition to my supply of conversation starter questions!
Posted by Angel Coco on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:42 PM EST
Thank you so much!
Posted by Avianti Jewelry on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:58 PM EST
It's amazing. you will only need 100 questions to get to know yourself . Thanks
Posted by Dannie Ihle on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 PM EST
Thanks. I use questions like this to stimulate the mind of my husband, who had a stroke. Great therapy.
Posted by Darlene Allen on Sat Jan 2, 2016 3:00 PM EST
I like this.
Posted by GBOVERPOWERED 2 on Wed Dec 2, 2015 10:57 AM EST
Thanks so much
Posted by K R on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 PM EST
I am planning to use many of these questions for a mostly multiple choice trivia game for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary party. I think that it will be interesting and will allow the guests to get to know my parents better. Thank you for sharing!
Posted by Joelle Campbell on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:52 PM EST
This is a life saver. Thank you!
Posted by Anastacia Williamson on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:48 PM EST
This is great! I'm using this with my boyfriend and it's helping us to get closer.
Posted by daniel moreno on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:36 PM EST
Posted by Tres Jolie Lincoln on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:33 AM EST
Great bunch of questions!
Posted by Arlene Krogh on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 AM EST
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed for a staff meeting. I am sure it will bring up some good discussions.
Posted by dBakeca Incontri on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 AM EST
Posted by Taylor Sweeney on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:37 AM EST
Amazing, did some of these for a video and everyone loved it!
Posted by jasmine kane on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:33 PM EST
i asked my bf all of these over the phone and now we know each other very well!! great way to connect with people!! thank you!! we are very close now!
Posted by Tahron Magwood on Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:14 PM EST
this is a good website
Posted by Mindy King on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:57 PM EST
This was really helpful to me and thank you for the questions.
Posted by Tahron Magwood on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:24 AM EST
this is a cool site
Posted by Punit Gupta on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:06 AM EST
Posted by Anna Nelson on Sun Jan 4, 2015 4:51 PM EST
HAHA thanks i needed this for a activity!!!!!
Posted by Graham Rogers on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 PM EST
If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you take?
Posted by Juggling For A Cure on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:10 AM EST
Thanks for introducing me to myself. :)
Posted by Blind King on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:26 PM EST
Thank you for this
Posted by Kalin Kessler on Sat Dec 6, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Posted by Tracy Elford on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Thank you for this! I lead a very diverse parent group and I always need in introduction topic and icebreaker! So many ideas will be useful for a long time!
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.
This is the best free tool of its kind that I've come across on the internet. It is highly versatile and much more robust than any of the other tools that I have used.... A huge timesaver!
Angela Newton -
Peachtree City, Georgia
See what others say
Recent Groups & Clubs Articles