50 Christmas Jokes for Kids
Christmas is a time for friends, food, traditions, and lots of laughs! It's hard to not be merry when you're surrounded by smiling faces. Light up the room and spread joy with 50 jokes featuring the season's favorite characters.
Start a bingo game, make a quiz, or send this list to friends and family to share the fun. Work your way through these jokes over Christmas break and create hilarious holiday memories.
- How do you know when Santa has entered the room? You can feel his presents.
- What do snowmen eat for breakfast? Ice Crispies.
- How do gingerbread men sleep so soundly? They go to bed on cookie sheets.
- How do sheep wish each other happy holidays? "Merry Christmas to ewe."
- What do you call a snowman having a temper tantrum? A complete meltdown.
- What kind of music do elves listen to? Wrap!
- Where do Santa's reindeer stop for coffee? Star-bucks.
- Why does Santa Claus go down the chimney? I don't know, it just soot's him.
- Where do Santa and Mrs. Claus stay when they go on vacation? A ho-ho-hotel.
- Who is never hungry at Christmas? The turkey. He's stuffed.
- Why do reindeer make the best comedians? They always sleigh the audience.
- What did one Christmas tree say to the other? "You need to lighten up."
- Why do Christmas ornaments return year after year? They get hooked.
- Why is it so cold at Christmas? It's Decembrrrrrrrrrrrr.
- Why are turkeys good band members? They always bring drumsticks.
Coordinate your family Christmas potluck with an online sign up. View an Example
- What is the difference between a Christmas alphabet and a regular alphabet? The Christmas alphabet has No-el.
- Why did the sugar cookie go to the doctor? It was feeling crummy.
- How does Saint Nicholas keep his hands clean? With Santa-tizer.
- Who is Santa's favorite singer? Spruce Springsteen.
- Why are elves so smart? They study the elfabet.
- What's red, white and blue all over? A sad candy cane.
- Who delivers holiday gifts to dogs and cats? Santa Paws.
- Where do young trees learn how to be Christmas trees? Elemen-tree school.
- How much did Santa's sleigh cost? Nothing - it was on the house.
- How do you know reindeers are at your house? They ring the deer bell.
- What does Santa say to encourage the elves to do their best work? "Believe in your elf."
- Why is Santa depressed after Christmas? He has a lot of jingle bills to pay.
- How does the snowman know when the snowwoman is upset? She gives him the cold shoulder.
- Why do elves always have money? They put their paychecks in snowbanks.
- Why did the Christmas tree go to the hair salon? It needed a trim.
- What illness results from eating Christmas decorations? Tinsel-itius.
- What do you call a reindeer with a bad attitude? A Rude-olph.
- How did the reindeer know it was Christmas Eve? By looking at the calen-deer.
- What did Santa call the elves who wanted to keep all the toys to themselves? Elif-ish.
- What falls but never gets hurt? Snow.
- Why does Santa have so many traffic tickets? He always leaves his sleigh in the snow parking zone.
- What did the gingerbread man use to get around when he broke his leg? Candy canes.
- Why was the snow globe upset? It was shaken up.
- What type of insects are on Christmas trees? Hum bugs.
- Why are Christmas trees bad at sewing? They always drop needles.
Coordinate a holiday food drive with an online sign up. View an Example
- What is Santa's favorite Olympic sport? Pole-vaulting.
- What candy does Santa pass out at Halloween? Jolly Ranchers.
- What is Santa's favorite state to visit? Idaho-ho.
- What comes at the end of Christmas? The letter "s."
- How does Santa get around the North Pole? On his Holly Davidson.
- Why didn't the elves get the Christmas presents ready in time? They were too busy taking "elfies."
- What is a skunk's favorite holiday tune? "Jungle Smells."
- Why do Christmas trees always look beautiful? They are always sprucing up.
- What do grapes sing when they go caroling? "Tis the season to be jelly."
- How do Christmas trees check their email? By logging on.
Stay jolly this ho-ho holiday with these festive jokes! Add your own jokes to the list and save them to bring out year after year.
Courtney McLaughlin is a freelance writer in Charlotte, N.C. She gratefully shares her life, home and heart with her daughter and their dog.