25 Best Mother's Day Quotes
M-O-M. A three-letter word packed full of immeasurable meaning. Want to honor a special lady for Mother’s Day? Browse some of these memorable quotes for a toast to remember or a simple note for your card.
- My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. - George Washington
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. - Robert Browning
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. - Honore de Balzac
- I think my mother taught me what not to do. She put us first, always, sometimes to the detriment of herself. She encouraged me not to do that. She'd say being a good mother isn't all about sacrificing; it's really investing and putting yourself higher on your priority list. - Michelle Obama
- A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. - Victor Hugo
Plan a Mother's Day potluck with an online sign up. SAMPLE
- All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. - Abraham Lincoln
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. - William Makepeace Thackeray
- My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. - Mark Twain
- Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember, you're the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside. - Rachel Wolchin
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. - Sophia Loren
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face. - George Eliot
- The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom. - Henry Ward Beecher
- Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. - Erich Fromm
- (Motherhood is) the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism. - Gilda Radner
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. - Stevie Wonder
- Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
- That strong mother doesn't tell her cub, “Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you.” She says, “Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.” - Lauryn Hill
- He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- If I were asked to define Motherhood. I would have defined it as Love in its purest form. Unconditional Love. - Revathi Sankaran
- My mother always taught me to be strong and to never be a victim. Never make excuses. Never expect anyone else to provide for me things I know I can provide for myself. - Beyoncé Knowles
Organize a Mother's Day party with an online sign up. SAMPLE
- Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run. – Barbara Kingsolver
- The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children. - Karl Lagerfeld
- I don't know what it is about food your mother makes for you, especially when it's something that anyone can make — pancakes, meat loaf, tuna salad — but it carries a certain taste of memory. - Mitch Albom
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. - Jewish Proverb
- My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind. - Michael Jordan
Take the time to recognize the women in your life who have made a difference — whether they’re a mother or a mother figure. Opening your heart is always the right thing to do.
Christina Kaemmerlen is a journalism junkie, burrito lover, Tar Heels sports addict, manic mom and loving wife living in southern suburbia.