/ 50 Get to Know You Questions for College Groups
50 Get to Know You Questions for College Groups
Another semester is just around the corner, and that means new students joining your college group. Try these 50 get to know you questions that are sure to break the ice, whether you’re singing a cappella or playing intramural sports.
- What’s one goal you have for your time in college?
- What are three things you’ve discovered you love since coming to college?
- What outfit do you wear all the time?
- What three things do you need to have with you at all times?
- What would the schedule be for your perfect day?
- Would you rather be too busy or have nothing at all to do? Why?
- Which celebrity do you wish was your best friend?
- What TV show/movie have you watched over and over?
- Do you like to travel or are you a homebody? Why?
- What’s one thing you’re really bad at and one thing you’re really good at?
Coordinate a Spanish study group with a sign up. SAMPLE
About the Group
- Why did you decide to join [group name]?
- What person has inspired you and taught you a lot about [group activity]?
- What is one thing you’re hoping to get out of joining [group name]?
- What’s your favorite part of [group activity]?
- How did you find out that you loved [group activity]? If you’ve never tried before, why do you think you will?
- What strengths do you think you can bring to [group name]?
- What do you want to learn from [group name]?
- What is the best advice you have ever received about [group activity]?
- What would your friends say your “catchphrase” is?
- What is the funniest text a family member has ever sent you?
- What’s one smell you love and one smell you can’t stand?
- What’s a crazy business idea that you have?
- What’s an as-seen-on-TV product that you secretly want to try?
- Would you rather live without deodorant for the month of August or live without your phone for the month of August?
- What TV game show do you secretly suspect you could win?
- What is the most awkward experience you’ve ever had?
- What is something silly that you’re really passionate about?
- What random subject would you love to learn a lot about if you had the time?
- Which past trend do you wish would come back?
- What would be your random superlative (“Most Likely To…”)?
Organize shifts at the campus radio station with a sign up. SAMPLE
Questions about Younger You
- What song was your anthem in middle school?
- What food did you hate as a little kid?
- What band/movie/TV show are you most embarrassed to admit that you once loved?
- What is an irrational fear that you had as a child?
- As a kid, did you have a toy or outfit you were really attached to? What was it?
- What was your favorite meal as a kid?
- What do you wish someone had told you about college while you were in high school?
- What role model did you aspire to be like when you were younger?
- What was your favorite book as a kid?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- If you had to relive the plot of one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would it be?
- If you could have one kind of wild animal for a pet, what would it be?
- If you became an overnight celebrity, what do you think you’d be famous for?
- If you didn’t go to [insert college] what other college would you have gone to?
- What famous person would you want as a college roommate?
- If you could swap lives with any person, who would it be and why?
- If you had a famous restaurant, what would be your signature dish?
- If you were the star of your own reality show, what would it be called?
- If you chose a different major, what would it be?
- What song could you listen to over and over again without ever getting tired of it?
With a few of these relationship-building questions, your group will be working together in no time!
Kayla Rutledge is a college student who spends most of her time writing, singing for her church and eating quesadillas.