50 Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
A game of Bible trivia is a fun and creative way to learn more about God's Word and keep flexing your spiritual muscles! Listed below are easy, medium and a few difficult questions from both the Old and New Testaments to test your skills.
You can play this as part of family game night, on a car trip or during your next Sunday school class (virtual or in-person). Divide into teams and take turns asking questions, play one-on-one or post these on your social media page to spark some meaningful discussion. Once you work your way through this list, try your hand at making up a few of your own!
Old Testament Trivia
- How many books are in the Protestant Old Testament? 39
- On what day did God create man? Sixth day
- How many sons did Jacob have? 12
- This man wrote the first five books of the Old Testament. Moses
- From what part of Adam's body did God create Eve? Rib
- What did David use to defeat Goliath? A sling and a stone
- Name one of the two birds Noah sent from the Ark. A Raven and a dove
- What animal tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? A serpent
- What gave Sampson his strength? His hair
- God asked Abraham to make a sacrifice to Him on Mount Moriah. What was it? His son, Isaac
Organize snacks for a backyard Bible study with an online sign up. View an Example
- In what language was the Old Testament written? Hebrew
- How many people were aboard Noah's Ark? Eight
- What sea did Moses part to aid in his people's escape from the Pharaoh? Red Sea
- Who were Miriam's brothers? Aaron and Moses
- How many plagues did God send to Egypt? 10
- What was The Golden Calf? The idol the Israelites worshipped while Moses was away.
- What did Jacob give Joseph that sparked jealousy from his siblings? A coat of many colors
- What does the word Israel mean? Prevails with God
- Who was the only female judge of Israel? Deborah
- What are the four rivers listed as flowing out of Eden? Phishon, Gihon, Hiddekel (Tigris) and Phirat (Euphrates)
- What musical instrument did David play? The harp (or lyre)
Coordinate your Sunday School teaching schedule with an online sign up. View an Example
New Testament Trivia
- In what city was Jesus born? Bethlehem
- Who brought Jesus gifts when he was born? The wise men
- What is the eighth commandment? Thou shall not steal.
- Name two out of the nine Fruits of the Spirit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control.
- Who is the angel who told Mary she would give birth to Jesus? The Angel Gabriel
- On which day did Jesus rise from the dead? Third day
- What was Jesus' crown made of? Thorns
- Where does Jesus give his first sermon? On the mount
- What are the four Gospels in the New Testament? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
- How many days and nights did Jesus fast? 40 days
- Which woman washed Jesus' feet? Mary Magdalene
- What was Jesus' profession before he started his ministry? A carpenter
- What day of the week did Jesus rise from the dead? Sunday
- Where did Jesus go 40 days after His resurrection? Heaven
- Who baptized Jesus and in what river? John the Baptist in the River Jordan
- Name the first two apostles to follow Jesus. Peter and Andrew
- What was the profession of Simon Peter before following Jesus? A fisherman
- Where did Jesus turn water into wine? Cana
- How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus came to visit? Four
- What is the name of the garden where Jesus went to pray after the Last Supper? Garden of Gethsemane
- After Jesus fed 5,000 people, how many baskets of food were left over? 12
- What color are the four horses in the Book of Revelation? White, Red, Dark and Pale
- How old was Jesus when he started his ministry? 30
- What was the name of the woman who washed Jesus' feet? Mary Magdalene
- After Jesus was crucified, who took His body down from the cross? Joseph of Arimathea
Collect donations for Bible trivia prizes with an online sign up. View an Example
- Who is considered the 13th apostle to replace Judas Iscariot? Matthias
- What unusual gift did King Herod promise his daughter for her birthday? The head of John the Baptist
- What city mentioned in the Book of Revelation is also the name of an American city? Philadelphia
- Name the shortest verse in the Bible? "Jesus wept." Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.
Playing trivia is a fun way to discover more about the Bible and grow your faith. Good luck!
Courtney McLaughlin is a freelance writer in Charlotte, N.C. She gratefully shares her life, home and heart with her daughter and their dog.