EDGE Teen Center- Community Service
Thanks for wanting to volunteer with us at Chesterwood Village Memory Care Unit. Here is a little information about their organization. This facility houses a retirement community. There are all different areas designated for different living situations. Students will be working in the memory loss care unit and with long term residents. They will socialize with residents, help lead activities & crafts, and help them to dinner.
Here are some simple steps to begin your Community Service with Chesterwood Village Memory Care Unit:
IMPORTANT: If you have signed up for a service day at Chesterwood and for whatever reason are unable to attend, please Casey at [email protected] to remove you from the sign up for that day so others may serve in your place!
- Please fill out the EDGE Teen Center Community Service Forms (you may have already received these documents in our information packet, we need these in case of an emergency while doing your community service). https://edgeteencenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019-EDGE-Comm-Serv-Registration-Form.pdf
- Please bring all forms (EDGE form and Chesterwood form) with you the first time you plan on volunteering at Chesterwood.
- DRESS CODE: no revealing shirts, no rips in jeans, no inappropriate wording on shirts, and nothing see-through.
- Arrive at EDGE by 3 pm to check in and load into the van. If you plan on driving yourself, please let me know by emailing [email protected] and plan on meeting us at the front entrance of Chesterwood at 3:25 pm.
- Please share this volunteering opportunity with any of your friends. Any teen ages 14-18 may volunteer.
Please email [email protected] for any questions/concerns.
Location: Chesterwood Village Nursing Home