Volunteers with KU Law and Legal Services for Students are available to help prepare your 2020 taxes. All preparation will be done virtually due to COVID restrictions via prescheduled appointments which you can sign up for below. Appointments will be added periodically and will be conducted close up to April 15th.
BEFORE YOU SIGN UP PLEASE REVIEW: You will need access to internet and a computer for your appointment. If you cannot get access to a computer for your appointment, you can contact the Lawrence Public Library to use their resources (more information below). After you sign up below, you will receive an email with instructions on how to prepare for your appointment within 2 business days. If you do not have an email account, please create one (ex. gmail, yahoo, etc.) or contact KU VITA to schedule your appointment.
- Click "Sign Up" in the date you have chosen.
- Put a checkmark in the "Sign Up" box next to the time you want.
- NOTE- There is only one room at the library available which needs to be cleaned between clients. Some days there are extra appointment slots outside of the one that is available for library use, but you can only sign up for them if you have access to your OWN internet and computer.
- Click the "Submit and Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page.
- Be sure to fill out your name, email, phone number and whether or not you need help with computer and internet access.
If you have problems signing up, please contact the VITA office at [email protected] and (785) 864-9227.
For those without access to a computer or internet to conduct the online appointment, the Lawrence Public Library has a zoom room they are allowing VITA clients to use. Additionally, they have a printer and scanner clients can use to upload documents. If you need to use their room for your VITA appointment, ensure that the room is available by calling 785-843-3833 at least 24 hours before your appointment and reserving the space. The library's Zoom Room is not automatically reserved when you make your VITA appointment, and may not be available for your appointment slot if you do not reserve it. For all other questions regarding scheduling, technology, or general Lawrence Public Library services, please email [email protected] or call (785) 843-3833 x287.
|| Michele Rutledge