All First Pres
We need 3-4 ushers for every summer 10 AM worship service. Thanks in advance for your service!!
Ushering duties are pretty simple:
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to the service and hand out bulletins (if not already in the back of the sanctuary, they are located in the church office).
- Count the number of attendees and record the number on the blue attendance sheet*. Place this in the Finance/Treasurer mailbox slot (Barb Lemmon)
- Pass the offering plates during the offertory.
- Following the service, two non-related ushers will count the loose money (money not in an envelope or wrapped in paper), record the amount on the gold “offering” sheet*, and initial it. Place the form, money and envelopes in a zippered pouch and lock it in the second drawer (from the top) of the file cabinet.
- Following the service, pick up any bulletins left on the pews (and communion cups if applicable).
One usher should remain seated OUTSIDE of the sanctuary during the service. This is for the purpose of greeting anyone entering the church during the service who may not be aware of the service times or has questions.
*forms can be found in the top cabinet to the left of the locked file cabinet in the hallway behind the main office.