We need your help to pack and distribute food bags for our clients as well as help process Thrift Store donations. In the Food Pantry, the tasks will include packing bags, organizing bags, some lifting, sorting through donated food items, and distributing bags to clients. We may be asking some of you all to drive items to other places if need be. In the Thrift area, volunteers will be sorting and processing donated items. Each area has its own shifts and you will be working in the area for which you sign up. If all the slots are filled please check back often since there could be cancellations and we are constantly adding new shifts.
**WE UPDATE VOLUNTEER SLOTS FREQUENTLY**
**FACE MASKS AND GLOVES ARE REQUIRED AND WILL BE SUPPLIED. WE WILL BE TAKING TEMPERATURES AS YOU ARRIVE. ANYONE WITH HIGH TEMP WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO CAC**
***PLEASE REGISTER ONE PERSON PER SLOT. IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY YOU MUST REGISTER EACH ONE WITH THEIR OWN SLOT. FAILURE TO DO SO CAN LEAD TO REMOVAL FROM SLOT***
CAC is following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Georgia Department of Public Health guidelines to keep volunteers, staff and clients safe at CAC facilities.
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace.
- Providing cleaning products so that commonly used surfaces can be wiped down by employees before each use.
- Limiting face-to-face contact by closing CAC facilities to the general public and distributing food at the doors.
- Asking people who have traveled to affected areas of the world not to volunteer at this time.
- Asking sick people not to volunteer.
- Sending sick people home.
- Protecting seniors and people at risk by not allowing them to volunteer at this time.
Also, all volunteers must be between 15 years old and 65 years old. All registered volunteers please report to the food pantry located at 8607 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30350, at least five minutes before your scheduled shift. Finally, please only sign up for shifts that you are absolutely sure you can make. We need the work done and if you do not show then it can compromise our ability to serve those in need. We are in need of some people who would want to serve as ESOL teachers. For more information about teaching, please contact Nolan Feintuch, CAC Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected]
|| Nolan Feintuch