Helping Hands of Georgetown
We are Helping Hands of Georgetown, we provide meals for the underserved, working poor and homeless in our community.
What we ask for from volunteers is to prepare Basic Bags (with store bought items) and then to drop them off to the mobile canteen in the large parking lot across from the Georgetown Public Library on 8th St. at 3:15pm on your selected day. There will be a car/van that distributes the bags, it will have a magnetic sign that says "Helping Hands Mobile Canteen" on the side of it.
Meals are needed every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
You can sign up for one time or choose the same day or days each month.
Sandwich Fixins enough for 30 sandwiches** (store bought items in original packaging)
- 3 full size loaves of bread (each loaf makes 10 sandwiches)
- 30 slices of sandwich cheese, name brand or store brand, your choice
- 4 16 oz pkgs of lunch meat, name brand or store brand, your choice
- 30 ziploc or zipper baggies, name brand or store brand, your choice
**We ask that the Sandwich Fixins be dropped off at the Helping Hands office (107 Halmar Cove, Ste 232, Georgetown 78628) by Monday of the signup week between the hours of 9-3.
Basic bags (store bought or restaurant items only):
- salty item, ex: chips, crackers
- sweet item, ex: cookies
- fruit ex: orange, banana (uncut, unpeeled), or other soft fruit filled item is good as well
- a napkin all in brown lunch bag.
Waters - 2 cases (24 ct.) of water bottles, these can be any brand.
***we respectfully ask that the snacks not contain peanut butter due to peanut allergies.
In addition to individual volunteers, we have several organizations and businesses that have chosen a day or days to donate a sandwich/burger.
Thank you....none of this would be possible without the generous hearts of our volunteers!
We also accept tax deductible donations.
107 Halmar Cove Suite 232
Georgetown, TX 78628
Electronic donations can be accepted as well through Venmo (@helpinghandsgtx) or PayPal - (helpinghandsgtx.org)
Email me, Judith Dreps, at [email protected] for specifics.