Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Harvest fruit right in your community and take home a portion of the bounty! The harvest is split between volunteers, homeowners, hunger relief, and Fruit Partners who help sustain and grow FruitShare.
Depending on the time of year, you might be picking cherries, apricots, plums, apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, grapes, or even berries. This fruit is donated by homeowners in the area with too much produce to handle! If you or someone you know needs help with their harvest or with tree care in 2020, let them know about us by sending them to our FruitShare page.
Want to stay up to-date on all things FruitShare? Sign up for our volunteer newsletter so we can keep you in the loop about opportunities.
How harvest events work:
- Sign up for a day and time below. If you can't sign up, that means that slot is full. Please only attend the events where you are registered.
- Wear work clothes that are weather appropriate and shoes you can climb ladders (and maybe trees) in. Be sure to bring water and a bag to take home your fresh picked fruit. *If you are not yet FULLY vaccinated, you will be responsbile for providing and wearing a mask throughout the harvest event.*
- Bike or drive to your harvest event and keep an eye out for the FruitShare van. Head into the yard to meet your FruitShare Staff. Don't worry about popping in, the homeowner is expecting you. Contact your harvest leader with any questions if you can't find them. You can find their contact info for your event below.
- Get a quick safety orientation from the FruitShare Staff, sign in, and get harvesting!
- Sign out and head home with your bag full of locally grown fruit.
Due to high volumes of volunteer engagement The Green Urban Lunchbox must ensure that each harvest is attended. No Call No Shows are unacceptable, however planned absences are. Please give ATLEAST 2 hours notice to your designated FruitShare Staff if you are unable to attend.