Tryouts for the Kingfish will be taking place starting the first day of practice on Tuesday 5/31 and continuing through at least the first week of practice. Please sign up based on the level of Tryout you think is right for your child (see below) and the timeslot that corresponds to that level and the age of your child. All tryouts will be held in the lap pool.
YOUR SWIMMER(S) MUST BE REGISTERED WITH KINGFISH AND PAID BEFORE THEY CAN TRY OUT.
Age groups for the tryouts are based on our daily afternoon practice schedule:
- 8 & Unders: 4-4:45pm
- 9-10s (11-12s are also welcome to try out at this practice): 4:45-5:30pm
- Pre-Team: 5:30-6pm (Little Kingfish will also try out at this time)
- 11-18s: 6-7pm.
- TEAM: can safely be in the lap pool and swim a full length of the pool in freestyle and backstroke without stopping.
- PRETEAM: can safely be in the lap pool and swim about 3/4 of the length of the pool without a kickboard and without parental support.
- LITTLE KINGFISH: can separate from parent for individual or small group lessons in the shallow end of the social pool and feels comfortable in the water.
If you have any questions about when your child should try out or you need to try out at another time, please email Mia Joelsson at [email protected]