Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Items are always welcomed for drop off, even if you are not signed up. Thank you!
Do you know what a Blessing Box is???? It is a closed box that anyone can place non-perishable items in for the people of the community that are in need. Upon the sale of the MSC, the Blessing Box was relocated to West Walnut Street, on the corner of the alley from our parking lot. Below is information and suggestions of items to place in the box. Please share to show we at FUMC Hanover care.
1. Everyone donates Kraft Mac and Cheese in the box. They can rarely use it because it needs milk and butter which is hard to get from regular food banks.
2. Boxed milk is a treasure, as kids need it for cereal which they also get a lot of.
3. Everyone donates pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles.
4. They cannot eat all the awesome canned veggies and soup unless you put
a can opener in too or buy pop tops.
5. Oil is a luxury but needed for Rice a-Roni which they also get a lot of.
6. Spices or salt and pepper would be a real Christmas gift.
7. Tea bags and coffee make them feel like you care.
8. Sugar and flour are treats.
9. They fawn over fresh produce donated by farmers and grocery stores.
10. Seeds are cool in Spring and Summer because growing can be easy for some.
11. Tuna and crackers make a good lunch.
12. Hamburger Helper goes nowhere without ground beef.
13. They get lots of peanut butter and jelly but usually not sandwich bread.
14. Butter or margarine is nice too.
15. Cake mix and frosting makes it possible to make a child’s birthday cake.
16. Dishwashing detergent is very expensive and is always appreciated.
17. Feminine hygiene products are a luxury and women will cry over that.
18. Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing.