Intown Food Pantry
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, hunger is increasing in our community. Hunger impacts people in all walks of life, and the risks of COVID-19 has made it more difficult for some to physically get to the pantry safely. Therefore, we are offering more deliveries to ensure food needs are met safely for at risk guests.
We are remaining masked at all times until children have the ability to be vaccinated.
Please see the list of locations below. Upon arrival at the pantry, I will give you the exact addresses of where to deliver the groceries.
Health and Safety
- You must wear a mask at all times. If you have groceries in your vehicle, wear your mask.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you enter the food pantry and each time you leave and return to your car. If you can, please wear gloves (can be dishwashing gloves that you sanitize) when handling the food to be delivered and remember to wash your hands before and after putting on gloves.
- Trust your instincts and if you feel unsafe, leave the situation.
Before you start your shift:
- Please do not volunteer if you or someone with whom you have been sharing space are experiencing the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- You must have a valid Georgia driver’s license, current vehicle registration, and active insurance.
- Each delivery should take anywhere from 1.5-2 hours.
- When you arrive, please ring the doorbell/knock on the door (or follow the other directions given to you) and leave the groceries, returning to your car with minimal contact with the recipient.
- If someone does answer the door before you can leave, do your best to maintain 6 feet of distance from them at all times. Put down the package and let them pick it up, rather than handing it off.
- Please be kind and courteous. If the guest has feedback, please take note and send the info to Laura at [email protected]
Location: McIver Hall (on the campus of Druid Hills Presbyterian Church) Please use the St. Charles Pl. entrance.
|| Intown Collaborative Ministries