Current Mercy Mall Volunteers
Before you sign up you must read:
- All church, scout, school, business or other organizational groups must be approved before signing up. Email [email protected] (individuals and families do not need approval...but you must sign up and list your #)
- If there are no slots available to serve we have reached volunteer capacity, please pick another day!
- Please don't just view the signup, please use the sign up! We have a limit to the amount of people in our building at a time!!! We have lead coordinators for each shift that make the final call on maximum capacity with volunteers!
- We rely on your help but if we have more than 20 people serving, it's no longer helpful it becomes very difficult for us to serve our clients with excellence! Your help with this is critical and most appreciated!
Things to know:
- Volunteer Hours: Monday 10-1, Tuesdays 4:30-8 Wednesday 9:30-2, Thursday 9:30-12 and Saturday 9:30-12
- We open 30 minutes before our Client appointments. For example: Clients appointments start at 10 on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday but volunteers can arrive at 9:30. The only day we don't arrive earlier is Monday.....because we don't have any client appointments on Mondays!
- We add times and dates as needed so check back often!
Here's the address:
7519 Whitepine Road
Richmond, VA 23237
- Volunteers:PLEASE FOLLOW THE PARKING DIRECTIONS AND CAR POOL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! WE SHARE THE PARKING LOT WITH ANOTHER BUSINESS AND NEED TO ALLOW THEM SPACE!
- We are allowed (after hours) to park at the Chesterfield Credit Union next door, and walk over. We must leave parking for others and our neighbor!
- Bringing kids? Just make sure you're with them at all times, unless they can handle projects on their own! We love kids, but need to make sure they're supervised!
- Bring water for yourself!! You will be glad you did!
- You may be asked to sort, move stuff, pray with clients, hang clothes, fold sheets and make coffee.... but you'll love it, I promise!
- You want to donate too? Fine...check our website for list of items we need: www.mercymallva.org
- We have a Friends of Mercy Mall facebook page where we put our immediate needs first...join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/354677144733342/photos/
If you would like more information about serving with large groups please email us at [email protected]
See you soon!