Current Mercy Mall Volunteers
Please read the following before signing up!
All church, scout, school, business or other organizational groups must be approved before signing up. Email [email protected]
Individuals and families do not need approval!
If there are no slots available to serve we have reached volunteer capacity, please pick another day!
Please don't just view the signup, please use the sign up! We have a limit to the amount of people in our building at a time!!! We have lead coordinators for each shift that make the final call on maximum capacity with volunteers!
We rely on your help but if we have more than 20 people serving, it's no longer helpful it becomes very difficult for us to serve our clients with excellence! Your help with this is critical and most appreciated!
Where do I go and where should I park?
- 7519 Whitepine Road, Richmond VA 23237
- Volunteers come to the door facing the main street. We don't open the curtains until we OPEN for Clients...volunteers can come right in!
- PLEASE FOLLOW THE PARKING DIRECTIONS AND CAR POOL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! WE SHARE THE PARKING LOT WITH ANOTHER BUSINESS AND NEED TO ALLOW THEM SPACE!
- There are yellow lines past the green fence that we do not park past...those are for our neighbor!
- Do not park in front of the exit door. We use that as a loading zone.
- Do not park in the grass near ANY sidewalk!! It is a hazard for visitors!
- We are allowed (after hours) to park at the Chesterfield Credit Union next door, and walk over. We must leave parking for others and our neighbor!
When can I volunteer?
- Hours: Monday 10-1, Tuesdays 4:30-7 Wednesday 9:30-2, Thursday 9:30-12 and Saturday 9:30-12
- We open 30 minutes before our Client appointments. For example: Clients appointments start at 10 on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday but volunteers can arrive at 9:30. The only day we don't arrive earlier is Monday.....because we don't have any client appointments on Mondays!
- We add times and dates as needed so check back often
What about KIDS?
- Bringing kids? Just make sure you're with them at all times, unless they can handle projects on their own! We love kids, but need to make sure they're supervised!
What about community service or school service hours?
- Please email [email protected] to discuss community service or court appointed hours
- All other school or employee service hours are accepted. Any coordinator or shift leader can sign your hours sheet. We keep extra time sheets at our front desk area too!
- Bring water for yourself!! You will be glad you did!
- Wear cozy shoes
- We are in a warehouse/industrial space so in the summer it can be hot in some areas and cold in the winter! Dress accordingly
- We offer Mercy Mall shirts/sweatshirts for a donation
WHAT WILL I DO?
- You may be asked to sort, move stuff, pray with clients, hang clothes, fold sheets and make coffee.... but you'll love it, I promise
- We highly recommend you serving on a consistent day or in an area to make the most of your volunteer time!
What if I have donations?
If you would like more information about serving with large groups please email us at [email protected]! Or if you just have one more question...just email us at [email protected]
See you soon!