Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Let's Talk is an informal consultation service for enrolled OSU students. Let's Talk is not counseling. Let's Talk consultations are different from traditional counseling services. Let's Talk consultations are brief, free, no paperwork is required, consultations occur only outside of the counseling center, and no appointments are necessary.
- Let's Talk does not collect or maintain formal clinical documentation. Let's Talk conversations are not part of the student's releasable record. Let's Talk collects limited demographic information from meetings with students. This is for the purpose of tracking our delivery of service.
- Although Let's Talk counselors are mental health professionals, Let's Talk consultations do not replace psychotherapy. Let's Talk consultations do not constitute mental health treatment.
- We will make every effort to ensure that Let's Talk conversations are confidential. Any questions related to confidentiality, should be addressed with your Let's Talk consultant before you begin personal disclosure. You should be aware that there are some limits to confidentially. If there is an emergency, your Let's Talk consultant may need to share information with others. When there is an immediate threat of harm to you or others, Let's Talk counselors are required by law to report this. When a minor, elderly person, or someone otherwise incapacitated is being abused, Let's Talk counselors are also required by law to report this.
- If during Let's Talk, we believe you could benefit from a higher level of care; your Let's Talk consultant will make every effort to refer you on to other supportive resources at the university and surrounding community.
- You can sign up for a 20 minute slot using this form. Please check your e-mail for a Zoom link approximately an hour or two before your session. Please DO NOT sign up for multiple slots on the same day. These are 15-20 minute consultations.
- We are required to ask for your current physical location and address. Please have this information ready before your time-slot to give to the clinician.
- If you or someone you know is an imminent danger to themselves or someone else, go to the nearest ER or call 911.
***BY SIGNING UP FOR A TIME SLOT, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE DISCLAIMER FOR "LET'S TALK."***