Stirling Triathlon Club
Group 1 - Faster 17mph - Leaving Pathfoot Building, Stirling University @6.30pm
Group 2 - Steady 15mph - Leaving Pathfoot Building, Stirling University @6.35pm
Group 3 - Easier 13mph - Leaving Pathfoot Building, Stirling University @6.40pm
- 60 - 80 minutes of road cycling to develop high cadence and group riding skills
Sport Scotland and Stirling Triathlon Club (STC) require that attendees pre-register to attend training events. Each training event will be separate and can include multiple paced groups, with separate meeting places and times. Ensure you are booking onto the right activity, pace and length for you.
There is a maximum group size of fifteen (ten for easier group) and each group has a group leader who will:
- Confirm those attending against the list of those booked on via this platform. Anyone not booked, cannot attend!
- Remind those attending of the need to remain within the guidelines as set out by Sports Scotland, Triathlon Scotland and STC at the time of the organised training session
- Have a planned route and pace (as advertised in the sign up process), all of which can be adjusted if necessary.
- Ensure that riders understand their roles in terms of "group calls" within the group (highlighting road hazards and manoeuvres etc).
- Ensure that riders are not "dropped" from the group and that the group waits where necessary, unless individual/s have agreed to drop off/deviate from the plan.
- Ensure that where a group splits due to speed/objectives all parties are included.
No leader - no session! Consider being one if you're signing up and the slot is still empty
By attending this session you are confirming that you:
- understand the rules and guidance of STC organised activities and will abide by them as directed
- understand that this is a led rather than a coached activity unless specified
- will sign up to an appropriate ride group in terms of average speed and distance planned.
- have a roadworthy bike, will wear a helmet and have tools/spares to carry out repairs/deal with punctures and have a mobile phone for emergencies as well as lights if dull conditions.
- will ride in the group following normal group riding etiquette eg two abreast, no undertaking, group calls and warnings (ask if unsure)
- will maintain social distancing when stopping for a "comfort break", mechanicals and rest, and if assistance is required, will consider PPE and/or hand gel
- have not shared transport with a non-household member to attend the event
- are fit and healthy with no COVID-19 symptoms
- are not at present required to self-isolate or protect someone who is shielding
- are a member of STC or interested in becoming one
- will meet with the group at the meeting time and wait in your car or at a distance if you arrive early
- will maintain at least two metres separation from all other people (outside of your household) for the duration of the training event
- will provide your own PPE as required
- will cancel your booking on this platform as soon as possible if unable to attend to allow other club members to book a place.
Not all members of the general public fully understand the current regulations, so please be understanding and do not engage in a disagreement. Thank you for your support, understanding and compliance. Enjoy your training.
||Coordinator Stirling Tri Club