Welcome and thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. Volunteers are the heart of our organization. You can make a difference and impact food insecurity right here in our community. Serving several hundred individuals a month, you can be a welcoming face to a family in need.
New Volunteers – Before you volunteer with us, please COMPLETE THE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FORM. You can find this form HERE, or on our website under "Get Involved - Volunteer". Once this form is complete, sign up for your New Volunteer Tour before signing up below.
Regular Volunteers – You can help in the following ways:
- Greeter: Welcomes client, identify need, and directs clients.
- Food Pantry Shift Lead: Shops with client and provides overall direction to food pantry volunteers during the shift.
- Food Pantry Shopper: Guides client from waiting area through the grocery “shopping” experience.
- Clothing Closet Shopper: Guides clients through the process of selecting clothing items.
- Grocery Transporter: After shopping is completed, meets client in parking lot with grocery cart and loads groceries into client vehicle. (Youth/Silver Cord Volunteer Opportunity)
- Anytime Food Monitor: Registers client, instructs client on Anytime Food guidelines and monitors Anytime Food Room (Family Volunteer Opportunity)
In between clients visits, all volunteers help process donations, package servings of produce, replenish grocery shelves, maintain a clean environment and complete any other tasks needing attention.
Location: All teams serve on-site at WACS, located in the lower level of Westview Church (1155 SE Boone Dr, Waukee, IA 50263). Enter the westside door located by the WACS sign.