First Presbyterian Church Pottstown PA
We are looking for 4 volunteers per week. This year we have combined some of the gardens.
- Main entrance
- Labyrinth + Franklin Street
- Corner of Main parking lot + Evans Street
- Peace Garden
Listed below are the various gardens on our church property including the directions for maintenance.
In addition, please weed between the sidewalks and the roadway in all garden areas that has curbing.
Picking up trash all around our property is always needed and appreciated!
Main entrance gardens: This area consists of the small rectangular garden area off the parking lot and both sides of the main entrance sidewalk. Weekly weeding is necessary as well as a deep watering every other day. Please be sure to deadhead all flowering plants and trim all plants as necessary to keep the gardens looking tidy. Keep the sidewalk clear of debris with your broom. Remember to turn off the hose at the spigot completely after use. Please contact Doreen Duncan with any questions.
- There is a hose connected around the front (Franklin Street side) of the church. You can also use the one at the upper entrance, but it doesn't reach as far as the steps. There is a sprinkling can behind the hose box at the upper entrance if you prefer.
- Please water the new plantings in the gardens on either side of the wall, and on either side of the steps. The established shrubs will not need watering.
- Also, top off the water in the basin and check the pump to make sure nothing is clogging the water intake areas.
- Keep the Celtic cross stones area and the area in front of the plaque free of weeds.
- Pick up any trash or sticks.
Thank you for helping us take care of this sacred space! Please contact Sue Moyer or Dee Phillips with any questions.
Labyrinth: The shrubs and grasses are established in this area and do not require watering. The main job here is weekly weeding in the stone area and the beds. Keep the pathway clear of stones and other debris with your own broom. Please contact Chuck Krueger with any questions.
Franklin Street Area: This area is located all across the front of the church under the large stained glass window on the Franklin Street side. Weeding will need to be done weekly. The shrubs are established and will not need watering but there are several perennial plants in this area and they require a deep watering every other day. There is a spigot and hose located to the left of the large stained glass window. Please remember to turn this hose off at the spigot upon use. Please contact Deb Mohollen with any questions.
Corner Parking Lot Area on Evans Street side: This area includes the entire corner of shrub/tree beds and the small rectangular area with new plantings of Knock Out roses. These rose bushes will require weekly watering. Weekly weeding is needed. The shrubs and trees are established in this area and will not require watering. Please contact Mary Ellen Urquhart with any questions.
Evans Street Area: This includes everything on the Evans Street side except what is included in the Corner Parking Lot Area. Shrubs are established so they do not need watering. Weekly weeding is necessary and be sure to pay attention to the weeds growing between the juniper evergreens on the hillside and the stone areas under the windows on the building. Keep the bed trenches weed free. Please contact Tom or Judy Babbony with any questions.
Please review the available slots and click on the button to sign up as many times as you wish.
|| First Pres Pottstown